Valiant Reading Order?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Valiant Reading Order?

Post by greg »

Jrosen wrote:I just finished the first issue of A&A. Did I miss something in the first series that talked about his satchel being magical. I'm very confused on where this all came from.
It was always implied in the 1990s series that there was something special about the bag's contents, but it was a mystery. I think Valiant wanted to blow that idea out to the extreme, so that we should never be surprised by what (or who, or a what that thinks its a who) comes out of the bag.

Definitely one of the wackiest aspects of Valiant so far, across all the titles... old and new. Not many (vocal) fans of A&A #1-#4.

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Jrosen »

I finished the first arc of A&A and I wasn't impressed. I did like the one-shot with Faith, but Clowntown? I don't know what to expect.

I also finished the full run of XO. I really liked the ending, but I don't know how it connects to the 2017 series. I stopped reading the 2017 at issue 3 because I wanted to catch up on the rest of the universe.

I also got an original Valiant artwork by Peeples in XO 50. It's an upper torso of XO with what looks like a cracked helmet. Were these rare? The other issues (47, 48, and 49) came with prints. All four were bagged and I had to break them open to read them.

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Jrosen wrote:I also finished the full run of XO. I really liked the ending, but I don't know how it connects to the 2017 series. I stopped reading the 2017 at issue 3 because I wanted to catch up on the rest of the universe.
We’re all still in the dark on what happened to get Aric from his first series to the planet Gorin. At this rate, I figure we won’t know until he returns to Earth.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Keith wrote:
Jrosen wrote:I also finished the full run of XO. I really liked the ending, but I don't know how it connects to the 2017 series. I stopped reading the 2017 at issue 3 because I wanted to catch up on the rest of the universe.
We’re all still in the dark on what happened to get Aric from his first series to the planet Gorin. At this rate, I figure we won’t know until he returns to Earth.
Right. The 2017 X-O series picks up some time after Stalinverse, but we don't know what happened to get X-O to planet Gorin.