Shadowman / Magpie Cosplay

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Shadowman / Magpie Cosplay

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

unityshadowman
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman (V1)
Favorite title: Divinity/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire
Favorite artist: Cowan/Larosa
Re: Shadowman / Magpie Cosplay

Post by unityshadowman »

I saw this guy and his family at Denver ComicCon (Saturday show), blown away in person! I took some pictures of him in front of the Valiant booth. Will try to post those.

Andy actually stopped his Valiant presentation and had him stand for everyone to admire and take photos of...what a fantastic time!

On that note, there was a guy (perhaps he's on this forum and can post a picture of himself), but he came as Eternal Warrior on Friday. (sadly I don't have a photo - does anyone?) His arm had lit up blue buttons, it was stellar!...man, these guys went ALL OUT making us ValiantFans PROUD!
Help us build the X-O Micro Print Gallery:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=48431

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

unityshadowman wrote:On that note, there was a guy (perhaps he's on this forum and can post a picture of himself), but he came as Eternal Warrior on Friday. (sadly I don't have a photo - does anyone?) His arm had lit up blue buttons, it was stellar!...man, these guys went ALL OUT making us ValiantFans PROUD!
Searched google pics and came up empty.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

unityshadowman wrote:I saw this guy and his family at Denver ComicCon (Saturday show), blown away in person! I took some pictures of him in front of the Valiant booth. Will try to post those.

Andy actually stopped his Valiant presentation and had him stand for everyone to admire and take photos of...what a fantastic time!

On that note, there was a guy (perhaps he's on this forum and can post a picture of himself), but he came as Eternal Warrior on Friday. (sadly I don't have a photo - does anyone?) His arm had lit up blue buttons, it was stellar!...man, these guys went ALL OUT making us ValiantFans PROUD!
I was there Saturday morning only and saw the Magpie guy. It was really good. I did not get to go to the panel, though.

I did not go Friday and did not get to see the Eternal Warrior man, either.

unityshadowman
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman (V1)
Favorite title: Divinity/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire
Favorite artist: Cowan/Larosa

Post by unityshadowman »

Chiclo wrote:
unityshadowman wrote:I saw this guy and his family at Denver ComicCon (Saturday show), blown away in person! I took some pictures of him in front of the Valiant booth. Will try to post those.

I was there Saturday morning only and saw the Magpie guy. It was really good. I did not get to go to the panel, though.

I did not go Friday and did not get to see the Eternal Warrior man, either.

Just there on Saturday morning? :( man, that breaks my heart. I hope you were able to see a lot though. I could barely see everything in the full 3 days. It's now officially the 3rd largest Comiccon in the country. Woohoo! Still bummed I didn't take a pic of EW. There was just so much going on.

Here's the [best] pic that I took of Magpie:

Also, I got to the booth early Sunday morning and was able to snag this pic:

And since we're talking DCC, here's a sketch cover I got from Bart Sears. He asked me if I wanted the VEI version of Aric or the Classic. It's Bart Sears and I just had to go for the classic....Was elated for the decision and what he delivered:

Help us build the X-O Micro Print Gallery:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=48431

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

unityshadowman wrote:Just there on Saturday morning? :( man, that breaks my heart. I hope you were able to see a lot though. I could barely see everything in the full 3 days. It's now officially the 3rd largest Comiccon in the country. Woohoo! Still bummed I didn't take a pic of EW. There was just so much going on.
I did not really get to see much, nowhere near everything. I did make it to the Valiant booth and wandered around that part of the showfloor most of the time. I got to talk to Ron Marz right across the aisle for a little bit. I had him sign some Thanos books and another guy had some VH1 X-Os for Bart Sears to sign.

We probably spent more time in line to see Catherine Tate than we should have but we did eventually get to see her.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Cool, thanks for posting the pics.

I hope the guy scored a gold variant or something else for the cosplay... maybe a promise to get a Brushed Metal for next year's Shadowman series. :o

Congrats for this...
unityshadowman wrote:Image
....it looks pretty cool, too! :thumb: