Bloodshot Salvation - Exclusive comic

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jaden_sai
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Bloodshot Salvation - Exclusive comic

Post by jaden_sai »

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/08 ... salvation/
Readers that commit to pre-ordering the first year’s worth of Bloodshot Salvation — 12 total issues, to be released monthly beginning in September — in advance by the initial date for issue #1 on July 27th won’t just get an extra 8 pages of pages of expanded back-up content in each issue… They’ll also get the Bloodshot Salvation #1 Rampage Redux – a “raw, black-and-white” version of the series’ first issue with multiple special features including “Top-Secret Mission Reports,” “The Biology of Bloodshot,” “Bloodshot’s Body Count,” and “The Complete History of Bloodshot.”

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
Re: Bloodshot Salvation - Exclusive comic

Post by jeremycoe »

I like this promotion, but I would prefer a 3-4 months preorder as opposed to a whole year.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Well, I had already planned on pre-ordering anyways. This sounds pretty amazing, so I'll be doing it!

I've already emailed my LCS and told them to be on the lookout!
Moose

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

No problem committing to a year's worth of BS given that I've enjoyed it since day 1.

I didn't see anywhere in the article how the pre-order can be done, so I'm guessing there's just some option on the LCS order sheet one month to do this the same as there was for XO?

I don't know if this is pessimism or what, but if I'm honest when I saw there was another VEI pre-order thing going on I wondered if they're getting a bit greedy with this sales tactic now? I'm assuming it's worked well for both XO Manowar pre-order bundles and the Secret Weapons one given that they're pushing the strategy again...
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Shadowman99 wrote:I don't know if this is pessimism or what, but if I'm honest when I saw there was another VEI pre-order thing going on I wondered if they're getting a bit greedy with this sales tactic now? I'm assuming it's worked well for both XO Manowar pre-order bundles and the Secret Weapons one given that they're pushing the strategy again...
Ya know, that's the first thing I thought of, but I think it's just a simple way to ensure that their published numbers stay as high as possible. I'm sure the #1-#3 bundle sold amazingly well, as well as the #4-#9 sets too. Maybe this is just a way to ensure they have solid numbers all the way through. For those of us that would have already done this, it's a guarantee sales figure of say 8K comics with no dip in production. To reward us for pre-ordering they will give us a cool comic.

I don't know, don't think it's as greedy as you might think. I was gonna get each one anyways, might as well pay upfront and get a free cool comic that only people like me can get
Moose

Nairbe

Post by Nairbe »

While I'm usually not a big fan of gimmicks, I honestly think this is a good idea. Valiant has to do something to boost it's monthly numbers. It just has to. It can relaunch every series to the end of time, but that doesn't help grab new readers if they are just buying the number 1 hoping to make a buck down the road. This will rope them in to somewhat of a commitment (hopefully). With Bloodshot being a flagship title with a writer like Lemire, it just might work.

Now where's Ed with the bundle offer? :devil:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I'm good with this.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

I'm going to get this to. Can we stop abbreviating Bloodshot as BS it reads as Bull *SQUEE*. I don't know maybe a dash B-S
Just a thought.
I am curious to know what you guys think print runs of this will be? And the availability after the fact to get the special comic? and how low the variants of the regular series will be. Could be setting up for some very low print runs bloodshot 10 anyone??
I Miss the good old days.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I commit to a year of BS all the time! :lol:

This is not greed at all. This is a gift for those of us that commit to the floppies on a regular basis. It's a love song for us. Embrace it. It's just a special cover for the Super fans, and evidence that we can use to share our passion. Thanks Dinesh!

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

It's a little bit of a bummer to have to pay for all 12 at once. That feels like a forced feeding.
Obviously I want the books and the extra content, but paying a year in advance is going to be a bridge too far for a lot of people. Some because they can't afford it as a one-time payment, and some for the principle of the thing.
Is the company hurting for money or something?
Stay Valiant

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Gafti wrote:It's a little bit of a bummer to have to pay for all 12 at once. That feels like a forced feeding.
Obviously I want the books and the extra content, but paying a year in advance is going to be a bridge too far for a lot of people. Some because they can't afford it as a one-time payment, and some for the principle of the thing.
Really!? No one is forcing your hand. VEI is a business, first and foremost, no different from any other comic publisher out here. They come up with innovative ways to increase their profit margin, and stay out the red. Luckily for us, they actually put out quality comics while doing so, and on time....
#StayValiant

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Gafti wrote:It's a little bit of a bummer to have to pay for all 12 at once. That feels like a forced feeding.
I don't know about your LCS, but mine hasn't charged me in advance for the X-O pre order bundle at least. I've just paid regular cover price each month when I went in to pick up my issues. I expect the same for the Secret Weapons pre-order. The KNOW my dedication to Valiant though, and I could imagine some LCS's not wanting to take the risk, especially with a year worth of issues.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

agent_graves wrote:
Really!? No one is forcing your hand. VEI is a business, first and foremost, no different from any other comic publisher out here. They come up with innovative ways to increase their profit margin, and stay out the red. Luckily for us, they actually put out quality comics while doing so, and on time....
It's a business? Far out. Thought it was a non profit. Give me a break.
On a side note, what's the weather like this time of year inside Dinesh's rectum?
Stay Valiant

Nairbe

Post by Nairbe »

Gafti wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
On a side note, what's the weather like this time of year inside Dinesh's rectum?
Well so much for this... http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=50120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW, supporting Valiant, especially on these boards does not mean your up Dinesh's *SQUEE*. If you have an issue with something someone said take it to PMs.

jeremycoe
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Pre-order bonuses are pretty common in all sorts of industries, and I don't think it's typically due to anyone "hurting for money". In this case I really feel it's about keeping numbers high. I think Valiant wants someone who randomly buys Bloodshot Salvation TPB 1 to then be able to find issue #5 on the stands, but retailers tend to not order enough. Maybe this can help.

My main concern is whether I can trust any specific comic shop to be open in a year's time, or what happens to someone who is planning on moving in 6 months. This promotion becomes difficult with those and similar situations.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

jeremycoe wrote:
Pre-order bonuses are pretty common in all sorts of industries, and I don't think it's typically due to anyone "hurting for money". In this case I really feel it's about keeping numbers high. I think Valiant wants someone who randomly buys Bloodshot Salvation TPB 1 to then be able to find issue #5 on the stands, but retailers tend to not order enough. Maybe this can help.

My main concern is whether I can trust any specific comic shop to be open in a year's time, or what happens to someone who is planning on moving in 6 months. This promotion becomes difficult with those and similar situations.
I agree with your comment, this isn't a money grab. It's not like people are paying more for the privilege to buy books that they would normally buy month to month. You're just paying for it up front, like an ESPN subscription or something.

I do see your concern regarding shops staying open for a year, but I think there are a few that you know will be stable. I'm lucky, my LCS has comics, but it's not their entire business. They have slews of board games, card games, models, and just about anything geeky. It's an amazing shop!
Moose

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
I don't know about your LCS, but mine hasn't charged me in advance for the X-O pre order bundle at least. I've just paid regular cover price each month when I went in to pick up my issues. I expect the same for the Secret Weapons pre-order. The KNOW my dedication to Valiant though, and I could imagine some LCS's not wanting to take the risk, especially with a year worth of issues.
:thumb: me to. No extra for bundle issues and only pay when comic arrives. Maybe my guy will ask for part or all down for a year either way I'd be getting this so what evs

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

Nairbe wrote:
Gafti wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
Well so much for this... http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=50120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW, supporting Valiant, especially on these boards does not mean your up Dinesh's *SQUEE*. If you have an issue with something someone said take it to PMs.
Kind of like making a comment on disagreeing with a marketing strategy doesn't mean you don't support Valiant? Whatever.
*SQUEE* you and *SQUEE* this board. Go *SQUEE* yourself with a plunger.
Last edited by Gafti on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:33:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Valiant

Keith
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Well. That escalated quickly.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Gafti wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
I belive some people are weather predictors for Valiant Like I used to be. Blind love.
On that note I love thease gimics and stuff. It's like a gift right from Dinesh.
Valiant has only ever treated me well. I have gone crazy *SQUEE* fan for them. Problem is my effort showed few results. And that's frustrating.
You can't hit a home run all the time and yes they are a business but they arnt like any other company they are way way better. Try sending them and email or jump on Facebook and message Adam directly you will 100% get a response.
Do we remain loyal even after they dropped the hypothetical deaddrop ball or do a gimic that makes you have to do more than just buy a floppy. Or do we all bail and go back to the dark times with no Valiant. Because each of us pays for that company to continue to make more stuff. Bail and we can go back to hypothetical what if in the non existent universe.
B-S can't come soon enough I can't wait to show my support for non minis or oneshots. And a title I was sad to see go.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

PM sent requesting that edits be made or action will be taken. :|

If you didn't get a PM, then I'm not talking about you. :thumb:

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

Couldn't care less. Y'all need to learn how to read. I said I obviously want the books. My comment was on the wisdom and viability of requiring people to pay a year in advance. Didn't realize it would cause a *SQUEE* storm of *SQUEE* kissers rushing to pucker up.
I thought we were having a discussion. Not a V-shaped circle jerk.
I'm done. Enjoy your board.
Stay Valiant

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Account inactive by user's request - both publicly and by PM

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Gafti wrote:Couldn't care less. Y'all need to learn how to read. I said I obviously want the books. My comment was on the wisdom and viability of requiring people to pay a year in advance. Didn't realize it would cause a *SQUEE* storm of *SQUEE* kissers rushing to pucker up.
I thought we were having a discussion. Not a V-shaped circle jerk.
I'm done. Enjoy your board.
That's to bad I liked Gafti and and the stuff he posted. by no way did I mean to insult him or hurt his feelings. I don't think I did I think other people *SQUEE* him off in pm's. Good work team :high-five: :rant:
The sacrifice he did for earth and all the inhabitants will not be forgotten.
Rip Gafti the reincarnation :cry: :( :-o

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Gafti wrote:
Nairbe wrote:
Gafti wrote:
agent_graves wrote:

Kind of like making a comment on disagreeing with a marketing strategy doesn't mean you don't support Valiant? Whatever.
*SQUEE* you and *SQUEE* this board. Go *SQUEE* yourself with a plunger.
Grow up.. Geez!! facepalm
nonplayer wrote:I belive some people are weather predictors for Valiant Like I used to be. Blind love.
No blind love here, at all. Some months I'm all in, some months I'm not. I read what I like, and buy what I like. :thumb:
#StayValiant