Books not yet collected in Deluxe Format

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

wwise03
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: Free Comic Book Day 2014
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
Books not yet collected in Deluxe Format

Post by wwise03 »

I've compiled a list of books/issues that have not yet been collected in deluxe format or otherwise announced as being collected in the near future. What do y'all think the odds are of seeing some of these books collected in Valiant's best format?

Likely to be Collected in Deluxe Format:
Bloodshot Reborn 14-18, Bloodshot USA 1-4, Bloodshot Reborn Annual 1
Ninjak 14-27
Current X-O Manowar Series
Current Harbinger Renegade Series

Could be Collected in Deluxe Format
Imperium 1-16
Wrath of the Eternal Warrior 1-14 (perhaps with Eternal Warrior: Awakening)
Divinity II + Divinity III (plus 4 tie-ins) (perhaps collected together?)
Faith 1-11
A&A 1-12
Britannia 1-4 (perhaps waiting to collect with Britannia II)
Savage 1-4

Likely Won't be Collected in Deluxe Format
Generation Zero (should be, but poor sales and early cancellation doesn't bode well)
Eternal Warrior 1-8, Days of Steel 1-3 (Should be, but it's been too long to expect it)
Unity 15-25 (Again, it's been too long)
Legends of the Geomancer 1-4
Quantum and Woody Must Die 1-4
Valiant Size Q&W 1
The Delinquents 1-4
Dead Drop 1-4 (thank God)

ASH74
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: Now
Favorite title: Ninjak
Re: Books not yet collected in Deluxe Format

Post by ASH74 »

Ive been wondering if we would see Divinity in a Deluxe format and if we do, will it contain all 16 issues or just the remaining 12 that haven't been collected in that format yet.

Hoping for an Eternal Warrior and Imperium Deluxe and second editions for Ninjak and Unity.

Would be interesting if Valiant collected some of the stand alone four issue series like Savage into it's own deluxe similar to what Marvel did with their Star Wars miniseries last year.

Joshua
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot 1
Favorite character: Probably Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath Of The Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Ryp

Post by Joshua »

The only book with zero chance of getting a hardcover is Legends Of The Geomancer.

FlipMega
Valiant fan since: Ninjak vol. 1 #23
Favorite title: Harbinger, Imperium, Divinity
Favorite artist: Hairsine, Suayan, LaRosa

Post by FlipMega »

ASH74 wrote:Ive been wondering if we would see Divinity in a Deluxe format and if we do, will it contain all 16 issues or just the remaining 12 that haven't been collected in that format yet.

Hoping for an Eternal Warrior and Imperium Deluxe and second editions for Ninjak and Unity.

Would be interesting if Valiant collected some of the stand alone four issue series like Savage into it's own deluxe similar to what Marvel did with their Star Wars miniseries last year.
A bunch of mini's are already in Deluxe including Divinity, The Valiant and Faith. The way that Savage sold, I would not be shocked to see it in that format as well. And I will buy it. :clap:

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

I wonder where a couple of the recent one-shots will end up, since they have no series currently to be collected with? ETERNAL WARRIOR AWAKENING, IMMORTAL BROS and the upcoming Rai: The History of the Valiant Universe. I'm guessing BLOODSHOTS DAY OFF will be collected eventually with SALVATION. Are there any other orphaned single issues that haven't been collected?

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

kinggirlfriend wrote:I wonder where a couple of the recent one-shots will end up, since they have no series currently to be collected with? ETERNAL WARRIOR AWAKENING, IMMORTAL BROS and the upcoming Rai: The History of the Valiant Universe. I'm guessing BLOODSHOTS DAY OFF will be collected eventually with SALVATION. Are there any other orphaned single issues that haven't been collected?
Awakening could easily fit in a Wrath HC, Immortal Bros in one for A&A.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

ASH74

Post by ASH74 »

If Im not mistaken the Rai History of the Valiant Universe is just one of several one shots like that so one has to assume all of the "History of" books will get their own collection at some point.

What makes this an interesting thread is from what I've seen in my short time on the Valiant band wagon is there have been whispers of a new format of hardcover coming at some point. This is in several Reddit threads as people ask for second printings of the now OOP Deluxe Editions.

I like that Valiant hasn't run to product Deluxe Hardcovers the second they can be collected but the fact that some books just don't have the collection in that format makes you wonder what their guidelines are.

jeremycoe
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

ASH74 wrote: I like that Valiant hasn't run to product Deluxe Hardcovers the second they can be collected but the fact that some books just don't have the collection in that format makes you wonder what their guidelines are.
I think their guidelines are if they think they can make a profit on it they will print it.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

ASH74

Post by ASH74 »

Would be interesting to see what the profit margins need to be on a Deluxe Hardcover. Usually collected editions make money because you don't have to pay the creative talent a page rate... just a percentage of sales.

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

What are the print runs on a typical deluxe? 500?

ASH74

Post by ASH74 »

I would venture to say greater than 500 copies. Several thousand at least.

Somewhere on the new Diamond will print sales figures for trades and hardcovers. (Someone smarter than me might be able to find it)

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Sales numbers based on Comichron. These numbers don't mean all that much though because Comichron only lists books that are in the Top-300 or indie Top-50 and international sales aren't included either. Also, Valiant is offering hardcovers at comicons too.

Archer & Armstrong Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 491
Archer & Armstrong Dlx HC Vol. 2 - 304
Bloodshot Reborn Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 370
Book of Death Dlx HC - 456
Divinity Dlx HC - 451
Faith Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 406
Harbinger Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 535
Ivar Timewalker Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 306
Ninjak Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 291
Quantum & Woody Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 328
Rai Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 489
The Valiant Dlx HC - 404
Unity Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 355
X-O Manowar Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 537

The following have no records meaning they weren't in the Top-300 etc. or weren't listed for some other reasons and glitches.

Armor Hunters Dlx HC
Bloodshot Dlx HC Vol. 1
Bloodshot Dlx HC Vol. 2
Death Defying Doctor Mirage Dlx HC Vol. 1
Harbinger Dlx HC Vol. 2
Harbinger Wars Dlx HC
Q2 Return of Quantum & Woody Dlx HC
Shadowman Dlx HC Vol. 1
X-O Manowar Dlx HC Vol. 2
X-O Manowar Dlx HC Vol. 3

---

I would think they print at least 1k of each hardcover.

Sunlight on Snow

Joshua wrote:The only book with zero chance of getting a hardcover is Legends Of The Geomancer.
I spent a *SQUEE* of money on getting the four issues but I wouldn't mind Valiant reprinting them in deluxe format.

The story is too good to be kept a secret - it's the origin story of the oldest characters of the Valiant Universe.

kinggirlfriend wrote:I wonder where a couple of the recent one-shots will end up, since they have no series currently to be collected with? ETERNAL WARRIOR AWAKENING, IMMORTAL BROS and the upcoming Rai: The History of the Valiant Universe. I'm guessing BLOODSHOTS DAY OFF will be collected eventually with SALVATION. Are there any other orphaned single issues that haven't been collected?
Bloodshot Reborn 14-18, Bloodshot USA 1-4, Bloodshot Reborn Annual 1, plus Bloodshot Reborn 0, plus Bloodshots Day Off... would be nice.

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Joshua wrote:The only book with zero chance of getting a hardcover is Legends Of The Geomancer.
I spent a *SQUEE* of money on getting the four issues but I wouldn't mind Valiant reprinting them in deluxe format.

The story is too good to be kept a secret - it's the origin story of the oldest characters of the Valiant Universe.

Bloodshot Reborn 14-18, Bloodshot USA 1-4, Bloodshot Reborn Annual 1, plus Bloodshot Reborn 0, plus Bloodshots Day Off... would be nice.
I think you are right that Bloodshot's Day Off could be released in the second Bloodshot Reborn Deluxe HC. I think the other one-shots will be collected in a TPB format, but a Deluxe HC is unlikely.

Mkb28

ASH74

Post by ASH74 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Sales numbers based on Comichron. These numbers don't mean all that much though because Comichron only lists books that are in the Top-300 or indie Top-50 and international sales aren't included either. Also, Valiant is offering hardcovers at comicons too.

Archer & Armstrong Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 491
Archer & Armstrong Dlx HC Vol. 2 - 304
Bloodshot Reborn Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 370
Book of Death Dlx HC - 456
Divinity Dlx HC - 451
Faith Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 406
Harbinger Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 535
Ivar Timewalker Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 306
Ninjak Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 291
Quantum & Woody Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 328
Rai Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 489
The Valiant Dlx HC - 404
Unity Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 355
X-O Manowar Dlx HC Vol. 1 - 537

The following have no records meaning they weren't in the Top-300 etc. or weren't listed for some other reasons and glitches.

Armor Hunters Dlx HC
Bloodshot Dlx HC Vol. 1
Bloodshot Dlx HC Vol. 2
Death Defying Doctor Mirage Dlx HC Vol. 1
Harbinger Dlx HC Vol. 2
Harbinger Wars Dlx HC
Q2 Return of Quantum & Woody Dlx HC
Shadowman Dlx HC Vol. 1
X-O Manowar Dlx HC Vol. 2
X-O Manowar Dlx HC Vol. 3

---

I would think they print at least 1k of each hardcover.
I'd like to think 1000 is a minimum benchmark as well. Kind of crazy if it is. Look at the prices for the OOP deluxe books on the secondary market now. Those were some of the more popular selling Deluxe Editions Valiant has had. Just imagine what happens when the rest go OOP.

Sunlight on Snow

ASH74 wrote:I'd like to think 1000 is a minimum benchmark as well. Kind of crazy if it is. Look at the prices for the OOP deluxe books on the secondary market now. Those were some of the more popular selling Deluxe Editions Valiant has had. Just imagine what happens when the rest go OOP.
At the time of the release of the first 3 deluxe hardcovers for X-O, Harbinger, A&A the series were still selling around 10k floppies from 2-3 different covers. Based on this a potential print run of 1k would be roughly (more than) 10%.

I still need Archer & Armstrong Dlx Ed HC Vol. 1.... and I refuse to pay more than 100 euros. :(

jaden_sai
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by jaden_sai »

wwise03 wrote:I've compiled a list of books/issues that have not yet been collected in deluxe format or otherwise announced as being collected in the near future. What do y'all think the odds are of seeing some of these books collected in Valiant's best format?

Per Amazon - Bloodshot Reborn Deluxe Book 2 in November:

https://www.amazon.com/Bloodshot-Reborn ... xe+edition

Sunlight on Snow

jaden_sai wrote:
wwise03 wrote:I've compiled a list of books/issues that have not yet been collected in deluxe format or otherwise announced as being collected in the near future. What do y'all think the odds are of seeing some of these books collected in Valiant's best format?

Per Amazon - Bloodshot Reborn Deluxe Book 2 in November:

https://www.amazon.com/Bloodshot-Reborn ... xe+edition
Collecting BLOODSHOT REBORN #14–18, BLOODSHOT REBORN #0, BLOODSHOT REBORN 2016 ANNUAL, BOOK OF DEATH: THE FALL OF BLOODSHOT and 4001 A.D.: BLOODSHOT, along with 20+ pages of rarely seen art and extras!
This would be 9 issues only.... with BS USA being left out.

Very odd choice since the zero issue deals with the aftermath of the Bloodshot zombies invasion.

Zhuge1
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Zhuge1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
I still need Archer & Armstrong Dlx Ed HC Vol. 1.... and I refuse to pay more than 100 euros. :(
Wasn't there a post on the boards some time back where Dinesh supposedly said they were coming up with a solution for the deluxe editions that were out of print? It almost sounded as if it would be a deluxe softcover from what I recall.

I wish they would do another print run on those books. Of course, it'd also be great if they'd finally release Shadowman Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 and 4001 A.D. Deluxe Edition (Amazon now has both of these listed for January 2018...). I pre-ordered 4001 back in February when it was showing a release date of April, 2017!

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

Zhuge1 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Wasn't there a post on the boards some time back where Dinesh supposedly said they were coming up with a solution for the deluxe editions that were out of print? It almost sounded as if it would be a deluxe softcover from what I recall.

I wish they would do another print run on those books. Of course, it'd also be great if they'd finally release Shadowman Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 and 4001 A.D. Deluxe Edition (Amazon now has both of these listed for January 2018...). I pre-ordered 4001 back in February when it was showing a release date of April, 2017!
Deluxe is my preferred format to stay on top of the Valiant storylines because its more cost-efficient for me. I don't have a lot of extra spending money. So these continual Deluxe delays put me further and further behind, and I'm about to the point now where I'm going to drop it all. I'm sure they have their reasons, but they're about to lose a fan.
Spooooon!!!!

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

tchalla8 wrote:
Zhuge1 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:

Deluxe is my preferred format to stay on top of the Valiant storylines because its more cost-efficient for me. I don't have a lot of extra spending money. So these continual Deluxe delays put me further and further behind, and I'm about to the point now where I'm going to drop it all. I'm sure they have their reasons, but they're about to lose a fan.
I prefer the hardcovers but will punt to buying the TPBs if I can't get them. I'm still holding out on 4001 A.D. though... I really would rather have the storyline in one book vs. three trades.

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Zhuge1 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:

Finally, out of nowhere, I got shipping confirmation of this earlier this week and it arrived today.

Sunlight on Snow

Zhuge1 wrote:
Zhuge1 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:

Finally, out of nowhere, I got shipping confirmation of this earlier this week and it arrived today.
I got mine last week too - July 12.

Amazon still lists it for January 9, 2018 and "temporarily out of stock." :hm:

https://www.amazon.com/4001-D-Deluxe-Ma ... 168215193X

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

And yet my pre-order has still not shipped. Go figure.
Spooooon!!!!

jaden_sai

Post by jaden_sai »

tchalla8 wrote:And yet my pre-order has still not shipped. Go figure.
Mine as well facepalm