Director and Writer Locked for Archer & Armstrong Movie!?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Director and Writer Locked for Archer & Armstrong Movie!?

Post by nycjadie »

https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/statu ... 6933181442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Pirates of the Caribbean' writer Terry Rossio is also on board for the adaptation of the comic book.
Valiant Entertainment, the independent comic publisher behind Harbinger, Bloodshot and X-O Manowar, is continuing its move into movie production. Heat Vision has learned that the big screen version of action-comedy comic book Archer & Armstrong has found its writer and director.

The adaptation is quickly moving forward with Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer on board to direct, according to sources close to the project. Terry Rossio is attached as a writer. Rossio is known for work on the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and was recently named the leader of Legendary's MonsterVerse writers room. Joining Fleischer as producers on the project are Jason Brown, The Mummy's Sean Daniel and Valiant CEO and CCO Dinesh Shamdasani.

The project is being developed in-house before being shopped to studios.

Archer & Armstrong first appeared in a series of the same name in 1992, created by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter, Wolverine: Weapon X writer/artist Barry Windsor-Smith and fan-favorite creator Bob Layton. The series centers around the unlikely friendship between Armstrong, an immortal warrior who has become a drunken self-styled philosopher throughout the centuries, and Archer, a teenage prodigy who has been trained since childhood to murder him.
News of Rossio and Fleischer's involvement in the project, which is separate from the five-picture deal Valiant has with Sony, follows the announcement of Dave Wilson — creative partner of Deadpool director Tim Miller — as director of the company's Bloodshot at Sony, working from a screenplay by Arrival's Eric Heisserer.

Additionally, Valiant is developing another buddy comedy project, Quantum & Woody, for television with Joe and Anthony Russo as executive producers. (Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari, currently working on Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp, will script the pilot.)

Rossio is represented by WME, with Fleischer represented by CAA.

Thegreatmagnet
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Director and Writer Locked for Archer & Armstrong Movie!

Post by Thegreatmagnet »

I read that the A&A movie won't be part of their deal with Sony, which worries me a little bit. Selling off characters to various studios seems to have really hurt Marvel in the long run, as it limits their control and prevents the franchises from fully crossing over. I really hope Valiant doesn't find themselves in a similar situation.

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
Re: Director and Writer Locked for Archer & Armstrong Movie!

Post by jeremycoe »

Thegreatmagnet wrote:I read that the A&A movie won't be part of their deal with Sony, which worries me a little bit. Selling off characters to various studios seems to have really hurt Marvel in the long run, as it limits their control and prevents the franchises from fully crossing over. I really hope Valiant doesn't find themselves in a similar situation.
They're not selling off the rights to any of their characters. That's the mistake Marvel made. (Although one could argue selling off those rights did keep them alive, maybe not really a mistake) Valiant is keeping the rights to their characters, just using various studios to mage their films.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.