ComicBlitz Equity Crowdfunding Campaign!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
ComicBlitz Equity Crowdfunding Campaign!

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Hey Valiant Fans! ComicBlitz is doing an Equity Crowdfunding campaign, where when you back it, you own a piece of the company! There are other perks too, but the fact is, you become an investor, an owner in a rising comic company that is going to go head to head with Comixology!
Go to wefunder.com/comicblitz and invest today! Thanks for the support, and please spread the word! I'm posting here because we have an extensive library of VH1, and VEI books for you to binge read to your heart's delight! For example, this week, we are releasing Divinity II #3&4, finishing up that mini series.
:high-five:

Intrepidxc
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa
Re: ComicBlitz Equity Crowdfunding Campaign!

Post by Intrepidxc »

Interesting offering. I don't see enough information about the company to generate an investment yet. Do you have further information available? I'm thinking things along the line of debt, current equity holdings, etc?

I'm interested, but would like to know a bit more before making an investment.

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Hey there! all the financials can be found at this link. For some reason, it's not made obvious on the campaign page. But, here you go, for some financials. To let you know, they're 2014-2015 financials.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... -index.htm
Intrepidxc wrote:Interesting offering. I don't see enough information about the company to generate an investment yet. Do you have further information available? I'm thinking things along the line of debt, current equity holdings, etc?

OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Shooter
Favorite artist: Perlin

Post by OhioValiantNut »

...and 'Bone-A-Fach-ee' is 'what' to Comic Blitz??? :? Just asking ....

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

OhioValiantNut wrote:...and 'Bone-A-Fach-ee' is 'what' to Comic Blitz??? :? Just asking ....
I believe he's Jordan, the CEO.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Yup, beat me to it! My name is Jordan, and ComicBlitz is my baby. As you can see by my 5 stars above my avatar, I'm a real deal Valiant fan. Haven't posted frequently here lately as I've been busy with the company, and other family things. But, thought it appropriate to let the real Valiant fans know about the opportunity to get in on this! Happy to answer any questions you may have.

THEWGZK
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by THEWGZK »

Not sure if it means anything to anyone but I've come to know Jordan aka Bone, over the last 3 or 4 years and he is a solid dude, die hard Valiant fan and supporter, and I have seen his hustle at cons promoting and growing his business. He also has pretty fabulous hair, I mean not Blood of Heroes hair status but it's ranks high.

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

I would also totally vouch for him. Lots of us on the west coast know him very well as the stand up man that he is. :thumb:

Intrepidxc
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa

Post by Intrepidxc »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Hey there! all the financials can be found at this link. For some reason, it's not made obvious on the campaign page. But, here you go, for some financials. To let you know, they're 2014-2015 financials.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... -index.htm
Intrepidxc wrote:Interesting offering. I don't see enough information about the company to generate an investment yet. Do you have further information available? I'm thinking things along the line of debt, current equity holdings, etc?

Thanks. I'll check it out today.

OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut

Post by OhioValiantNut »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Yup, beat me to it! My name is Jordan, and ComicBlitz is my baby. As you can see by my 5 stars above my avatar, I'm a real deal Valiant fan. Haven't posted frequently here lately as I've been busy with the company, and other family things. But, thought it appropriate to let the real Valiant fans know about the opportunity to get in on this! Happy to answer any questions you may have.

I was just curious ... I'm still new around here in posting terms. I'm checking out the campaign ... interesting stuff.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I can vouch for the origin of his user name. It comes from true Valiant roots. :thumb:

OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut

Post by OhioValiantNut »

wow ... I asked myself a few hypothetical questions ... "What if Netflix/HULU/Amazon had offered to let you buy in at x-amount during its early phase?" "What if Google Music had offered to let you buy in at x-amount during its early phase?" "What if FACEBOOK?" :?

I think I'm about to pounce on this opportunity, but dang it, I'd at least like a business card to hold in my hand since there isn't going to be any stock early on.

Can I at least get a business card from someone if I buy in? :lol: :lol:

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

What's your timeline for reaching your goal?
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

OhioValiantNut wrote:wow ... I asked myself a few hypothetical questions ... "What if Netflix/HULU/Amazon had offered to let you buy in at x-amount during its early phase?" "What if Google Music had offered to let you buy in at x-amount during its early phase?" "What if FACEBOOK?" :?

I think I'm about to pounce on this opportunity, but dang it, I'd at least like a business card to hold in my hand since there isn't going to be any stock early on.

Can I at least get a business card from someone if I buy in? :lol: :lol:
You get business cards at one of our higher tiers..... just saying! Thanks for the consideration. But I'll see what I can do for ya ;-)
And to all those who vouched for me, very much appreciated! And yes, Ohio, I think the same thing about it. What if you could've gotten in early at Netflix, or even Comixology for that matter. This is an opportunity to do just that!

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

BugsySig wrote:What's your timeline for reaching your goal?
We're running the campaign for 90 days, but of course, the sooner the better, right? Please help spread the word to all your comic loving friends! We can do really well with lots of people investing small amounts, like $100, or $250, so it's not out of reach for people to invest. Doesn't have to be thousands of dollar. Spreading the love around to more people at smaller amounts is preferred! And it makes it achievable for people to invest, whereas, they are typically blocked out of investing in companies, as they may not be "accredited investors". This opens it to all, at any price point. Pretty cool if you ask me!

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
We're running the campaign for 90 days, but of course, the sooner the better, right? Please help spread the word to all your comic loving friends! We can do really well with lots of people investing small amounts, like $100, or $250, so it's not out of reach for people to invest. Doesn't have to be thousands of dollar. Spreading the love around to more people at smaller amounts is preferred! And it makes it achievable for people to invest, whereas, they are typically blocked out of investing in companies, as they may not be "accredited investors". This opens it to all, at any price point. Pretty cool if you ask me!
That's cool. I'm considering investing at one of the lower amounts, as that's the most economically feasible for me.

How is the ownership percentage going to work out based on the investment amount? I saw that $25k gets you voting rights. (I apologize if this was answered somewhere, it's a little hard to sift through info on my smart phone as I'm snowed in for the 4th straight day here in the northeast!)

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Hey Bugsy,
So what you get at this time is called a SAFE. For lack of a better term, it's like an IOU. Meaning, you invest now, and we determine at a later date the % that investment is in the company. They are used for companies that don't have a valuation. Meaning, we don't say "ComicBlitz is worth $2million, so your $500 is .00025%." The valuation will be based on a future funding round of angel investors, and venture capitalists investing at a later time, in what is called a "priced round", meaning, with their investment, they don't get the SAFE, they are coming in for a negotiated %. So, if they, and ComicBlitz agree that we are worth $5million, that will determine the % of your $500 investment. For example. I don't know what you are thinking of investing, but just trying to spell it out. All make sense?
BugsySig wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
That's cool. I'm considering investing at one of the lower amounts, as that's the most economically feasible for me.

How is the ownership percentage going to work out based on the investment amount? I saw that $25k gets you voting rights. (I apologize if this was answered somewhere, it's a little hard to sift through info on my smart phone as I'm snowed in for the 4th straight day here in the northeast!)

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Hey Bugsy,
So what you get at this time is called a SAFE. For lack of a better term, it's like an IOU. Meaning, you invest now, and we determine at a later date the % that investment is in the company. They are used for companies that don't have a valuation. Meaning, we don't say "ComicBlitz is worth $2million, so your $500 is .00025%." The valuation will be based on a future funding round of angel investors, and venture capitalists investing at a later time, in what is called a "priced round", meaning, with their investment, they don't get the SAFE, they are coming in for a negotiated %. So, if they, and ComicBlitz agree that we are worth $5million, that will determine the % of your $500 investment. For example. I don't know what you are thinking of investing, but just trying to spell it out. All make sense?
BugsySig wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:

:thumb:
Last edited by BugsySig on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:54:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

I'm trying to understand as well. Since the site mentions $5Million, does that mean a future valuation of $5Million returns the original investment, and a future valuation of $6Million would be a 20% gain?

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

greg wrote:I'm trying to understand as well. Since the site mentions $5Million, does that mean a future valuation of $5Million returns the original investment, and a future valuation of $6Million would be a 20% gain?
That's correct. The most you will "pay" is at a $5million future valuation. Let's say we raise a future round of funding, but the company is valued at $10million. Your investment will be valued at $5million, essentially doubling your ROI (return on investment) almost instantly.
A “valuation cap” (the $5million) entitles SAFE holders to convert into equity at the lower of the valuation cap or the price in the subsequent financing.
So, you receive the best deal available on the future funding round. Make sense?

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

Are you happy to answer a few questions via pm?
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

Phantom
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

Are you happy to answer a few questions via pm?
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Of course! Fire away

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

THEWGZK wrote: He also has pretty fabulous hair, I mean not Blood of Heroes hair status but it's ranks high.
This is the battle I want to see on the big screen. Screw Ninjak and Bloodshot. I want the hair of these two to battle it out. Blood's wins easily, but it would be a good fight.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
greg wrote:I'm trying to understand as well. Since the site mentions $5Million, does that mean a future valuation of $5Million returns the original investment, and a future valuation of $6Million would be a 20% gain?
That's correct. The most you will "pay" is at a $5million future valuation. Let's say we raise a future round of funding, but the company is valued at $10million. Your investment will be valued at $5million, essentially doubling your ROI (return on investment) almost instantly.
A “valuation cap” (the $5million) entitles SAFE holders to convert into equity at the lower of the valuation cap or the price in the subsequent financing.
So, you receive the best deal available on the future funding round. Make sense?
Once a future valuation is made, would the SAFE holders be required to cash out, or be able to choose any later date to do so?