January 2017 Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
January 2017 Solicitations

Post by Keith »

http://www.newsarama.com/31606-valiant- ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

mateo107
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Doug Braithwaite
Re: January 2017 Solicitations

Post by mateo107 »

Mark Laming on Ninjak! I hope VEI gives him morework.

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Ninjak looks amazing!

I'll def be picking up:

- Bloodshot USA #4 (of 4)
- Ninjak #23
- Divinity III #2 (of 4)
- Divinity III: Aric, Son of The Revolution #1 (one-shot)

Still undecided about Harbinger Renegades at the moment....

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Harbinger renegades sounds really good.
I Miss the good old days.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

I kinda like how Arics kind of the Superman of the Universe. Even when the Universe is screwed up he steps up as the hero.

mateo107
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Doug Braithwaite

Post by mateo107 »

based on the Divinity III #2 cover, my guess is the next tie-in will be Shadowman.

I like Valiant periodically putting out one-shots for orphaned characters who no longer have an ongoing series, I really think there ought to be one every month.

Nairbe

Post by Nairbe »

So Valiant keeps saying Divinity III will be the real Valiant universe and not an else-worlds thing. Could they be using this to give Shadowman a sort of soft reboot? Something like as the world changes back, Shadowman retreats to the Deadside and is changed/unchanged from it?

I don't know, just brain storming here.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Nairbe wrote:So Valiant keeps saying Divinity III will be the real Valiant universe and not an else-worlds thing. Could they be using this to give Shadowman a sort of soft reboot? Something like as the world changes back, Shadowman retreats to the Deadside and is changed/unchanged from it?

Hmm, ok here are some more thoughts that are inline with yours. Shadowman now is kind of broken, but Shadowman controlled through the Cold War, could be a much harder Shadowman. I'd imagine, to some form, things will get back to a norm, once Divinity III has ended, but everyone will be massively affected. Now, enter a much stronger Shadowman, a much harder person, who has just shrugged off USSR oppression. Of course, now we have a completely different type of XO, one who is ready to start a new book. Maybe this will tie in with those one-shots we saw at the end (the last one) of #50. Does Bloodshot Reborn get twisted up? Possibly, but then again it could be ending. Could we see a new face (bald with a beard) enter the scene? Quite possibly. Ninjak may be the only one that stays the course somewhat, but I see him changing a little bit too.

Love Brain Storming! :thumb:
Moose

Nairbe

Post by Nairbe »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Nairbe wrote:So Valiant keeps saying Divinity III will be the real Valiant universe and not an else-worlds thing. Could they be using this to give Shadowman a sort of soft reboot? Something like as the world changes back, Shadowman retreats to the Deadside and is changed/unchanged from it?

Hmm, ok here are some more thoughts that are inline with yours. Shadowman now is kind of broken, but Shadowman controlled through the Cold War, could be a much harder Shadowman. I'd imagine, to some form, things will get back to a norm, once Divinity III has ended, but everyone will be massively affected. Now, enter a much stronger Shadowman, a much harder person, who has just shrugged off USSR oppression. Of course, now we have a completely different type of XO, one who is ready to start a new book. Maybe this will tie in with those one-shots we saw at the end (the last one) of #50. Does Bloodshot Reborn get twisted up? Possibly, but then again it could be ending. Could we see a new face (bald with a beard) enter the scene? Quite possibly. Ninjak may be the only one that stays the course somewhat, but I see him changing a little bit too.

I wasn't even thinking of Universe wide changes...but good call.

Maybe the new X-O book would be a change to X-O #2. Where instead of being teleported to Earth, he's teleported to another plant. So Aric says all savage (no pun intended).

BUT if Valiant changes too much, isn't it coming off a little like DC's Rebirth?

Again, I don't think this will happened..just throwing around thoughts/ideas.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Nairbe wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:

I wasn't even thinking of Universe wide changes...but good call.

Maybe the new X-O book would be a change to X-O #2. Where instead of being teleported to Earth, he's teleported to another plant. So Aric says all savage (no pun intended).

BUT if Valiant changes too much, isn't it coming off a little like DC's Rebirth?

Again, I don't think this will happened..just throwing around thoughts/ideas.
YES!! Maybe Divinity tries to set things back the way they were, and XO instead of being shot back to Earth when he escapes the Vine, he is lost in space where he wages an ongoing war on everything that opposes him! He never matures, always brooding, just a straight up arse kicker!

Na, It seems the Valiant Universe is mostly linear (with the exception of the Divinity books). We don't really know just how much time passes between each comic, it could be a day, or up to a month, but it seems to be ever flowing. With the interruptions coming from the Divinity books, this would have that ripple effect throughout their past, but no way to TRULY set it back the way it currently is. This give everyone a "rebirth" without calling it that. They are what they are NOW, without having to start over. Basically, Divinity III is the rebirth, it's the new path, but explained in a story. Ninjak and Divinity can try to set things back the way they were, but remember, they don't know what it used to be like, Ninjak only feels like something is off/wrong.

Here's another idea, kind of built on your above XO idea. Maybe XO is the only one that refuses to come to terms with the changes that are about to happen, and is exiled from earth. Let's say Divinity either resets only him, or shoots him into deep space where he is lost. Mad/ticked off, he wages war. A king with communist ideals, where he rules with an iron fist. This is a much further reach, as I like your idea a little better, especially with Divinity's powers.

I love brainstorming/troubleshooting stories. Who cares if we are even close, it's just ideas.

BUT, the one time we hit the nail on the head...
Moose

Big Red
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: Divinity, X-O, & Bloodshot
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Big Red »

No Eternal Warrior?

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Favorite books: Black Hammer, Bloodshot, Divinity, Justice League Dark, Marvel Two-In-One, Thor.

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Big Red wrote:No Eternal Warrior?

:cry: :cry: :cry:
They announced it was "completed" with #14.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Valiant has no new up coming comics on their page. The end is nigh.
Kidding no end in sight but no comics listed. Maybe it's Just being updated??
If valiant ends I kill Daryl then we can all riot.
I Miss the good old days.