X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition Book 4

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Ibero
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot
X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition Book 4

Post by Ibero »

The link is to the spanish amazon, but the text is in english.

Now we just need a complete Imperium, and a Eternal Warrior one ( for the issues before the wrath)

https://www.amazon.es/X-O-Manowar-Delux ... ant+deluxe

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
Re: X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition Book 4

Post by mkb28 »

Cool! All we need is Volume 5 to wrap up the complete series. :hope:

Thanks for sharing! :)

Michael
mkb28

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

It's available for pre-order on the American site.

https://www.amazon.com/X-O-Manowar-Delu ... war+deluxe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spooooon!!!!

Nameless7
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior

Post by Nameless7 »

Does this mean Volume 5 is going to be an extra slim volume? only 43-50 right?

I hope they come up with something special for it. The conclusion to this awesome series should not feel like a fast read small book.

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Nameless7 wrote:Does this mean Volume 5 is going to be an extra slim volume? only 43-50 right?

I hope they come up with something special for it. The conclusion to this awesome series should not feel like a fast read small book.
Plus Commander Trill #0, and #50 is oversized. That still would be smaller than normal, though. Maybe they'd include Fall of X-O Manowar and 4001: X-O Manowar as well.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Baramos
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Baramos »

I don't think they'll ever do a deluxe for the first Eternal Warrior, I think they want people to forget it existed, plus it was only 8 issues.

mkb28
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

Baramos wrote:I don't think they'll ever do a deluxe for the first Eternal Warrior, I think they want people to forget it existed, plus it was only 8 issues.
Don't forget the "Days of Steel" mini-series, which was 3 issues. Now you have an 11 issue Deluxe HC and that works for me. :thumb:

Mkb28

Aport
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Bob Layton

Post by Aport »

jeremycoe wrote:
Nameless7 wrote:Does this mean Volume 5 is going to be an extra slim volume? only 43-50 right?

Plus Commander Trill #0, and #50 is oversized. That still would be smaller than normal, though. Maybe they'd include Fall of X-O Manowar and 4001: X-O Manowar as well.
Plus #50 had 16 covers, two of which were rap around covers, so thats 18 pages or half a comic just to show all covers. They will probably include some of the art from the jam cover.

It would be nice to give Vditti a page to write about the run and what it has meant to him.

A page showing the 1000000 copy cgced would be cool.

Another page or two of the next series could be added.

I forgot what trade has this, but they could make ( update)a page or two and showing every cover and variant cover of all three series.

Are the 25th anniversary and the book of death issues in vol4? Or vol 5?

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

I hate to say this (I really do), but considering that I've supported the Deluxe editions pretty religiously, I'm going to be irritated when Valiant starts publishing these same things as Omnibus or something that's more encompassing than the Deluxe edition format. This probably reflects my irritation with the comic industry's last decade or so of publishing models as a whole, I'd guess.

jeremycoe
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

IMJ wrote:I hate to say this (I really do), but considering that I've supported the Deluxe editions pretty religiously, I'm going to be irritated when Valiant starts publishing these same things as Omnibus or something that's more encompassing than the Deluxe edition format. This probably reflects my irritation with the comic industry's last decade or so of publishing models as a whole, I'd guess.
I understand your point, but really how is that any different than someone being irritated that they collect the individual comics in a TPB in the first place?

I think it probably makes sense to release 3 TPBs worth of material as a Deluxe edition as the series are still being released, or are still fairly recent. After those initial print runs (of the deluxe editions) are exhausted, though, I'm not sure it makes financial sense to reprint them in that format. An omnibus might make more sense at that point.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

jeremycoe wrote:
IMJ wrote:I hate to say this (I really do), but considering that I've supported the Deluxe editions pretty religiously, I'm going to be irritated when Valiant starts publishing these same things as Omnibus or something that's more encompassing than the Deluxe edition format. This probably reflects my irritation with the comic industry's last decade or so of publishing models as a whole, I'd guess.
I understand your point, but really how is that any different than someone being irritated that they collect the individual comics in a TPB in the first place?

I think it probably makes sense to release 3 TPBs worth of material as a Deluxe edition as the series are still being released, or are still fairly recent. After those initial print runs (of the deluxe editions) are exhausted, though, I'm not sure it makes financial sense to reprint them in that format. An omnibus might make more sense at that point.
Jeremy's got a point - It's inevitable that if any publishing company runs long enough whilst maintaining public interest in their product that various editions of the same content will be published in one format or another into the future.

Whether it's as a monthly floppy, a tpb, a deluxe edition, a black-and-white thousand page long omnibus, oversized editions, it's really all just the same at the core of it. As long as someone's happy owning a story in the format that initially pleased them, then what is there to be sour about? :?

On a personal note, I read VEI in monthly floppy format and I know I'm missing out on the extra stuff that's bundled into the back of the deluxe editions, but y'know, that stuff just isn't that important to me. The story's the main thing: I first read that as a floppy and enjoyed it - one day I'll pull the floppies out my pullbox and read them again and it'll be just as great :thumb:

I guess the thing here is that you just need to buy the stories in the format that you like most, so the question here is; how happy are you with the deluxe editions, both right now and in the future when something else comes along? Just something to think about.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Shadowman99 wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:

Jeremy's got a point - It's inevitable that if any publishing company runs long enough whilst maintaining public interest in their product that various editions of the same content will be published in one format or another into the future.

Whether it's as a monthly floppy, a tpb, a deluxe edition, a black-and-white thousand page long omnibus, oversized editions, it's really all just the same at the core of it. As long as someone's happy owning a story in the format that initially pleased them, then what is there to be sour about? :?

On a personal note, I read VEI in monthly floppy format and I know I'm missing out on the extra stuff that's bundled into the back of the deluxe editions, but y'know, that stuff just isn't that important to me. The story's the main thing: I first read that as a floppy and enjoyed it - one day I'll pull the floppies out my pullbox and read them again and it'll be just as great :thumb:

I guess the thing here is that you just need to buy the stories in the format that you like most, so the question here is; how happy are you with the deluxe editions, both right now and in the future when something else comes along? Just something to think about.
Great points here, guys. Thanks for the perspective..... :high-five: