Valiant comics give a way

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Valiant comics give a way

Post by nonplayer »

I've decided to request from my local comic shops all or any back issues or newer stuff which I will buy.
I'll go through my personal collection a gather a good stack of mostly Valiant comics. Then I'm driving said box of comics to a small native village and donations the whole box to either the school or to the store to raise money for the school. I want to give the kids some great comics to read and get them into the hobby. Nobody sells comic or has any money to buy them and driving 188 km of logging rds for comics aren't on their list of survival items. And it's not like a bunch of plastic toys books they can burn and not create more garbage.
I Miss the good old days.

Ladakh
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Re: Valiant comics give a way

Post by Ladakh »

Not enough is being done to promote Valiant- by company and by fans. I used to give everything away to spark interest. Right Dan? I sent out dozens or hundreds of items to fans to get them more into it and I don't see much of that anymore. So good job!

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Knob Row wrote:Not enough is being done to promote Valiant- by company and by fans. I used to give everything away to spark interest. Right Dan? I sent out dozens or hundreds of items to fans to get them more into it and I don't see much of that anymore. So good job!
Thanks bud for your comment. I give when I can. I've inlisted two lcbs and they will donate some trades and floppies but unfortunately they won't all be Valiant now.
But this is mainly for the kids. I think I will price what I'm giving away maybe they will treasure them for years to come. I will seed a few gems through out the box just for fun. I'm expecting that they be traded through out the band.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

nonplayer wrote:
Knob Row wrote:Not enough is being done to promote Valiant- by company and by fans. I used to give everything away to spark interest. Right Dan? I sent out dozens or hundreds of items to fans to get them more into it and I don't see much of that anymore. So good job!
Thanks bud for your comment. I give when I can. I've inlisted two lcbs and they will donate some trades and floppies but unfortunately they won't all be Valiant now.
But this is mainly for the kids. I think I will price what I'm giving away maybe they will treasure them for years to come. I will seed a few gems through out the box just for fun. I'm expecting that they be traded through out the band.
I would love to find a few copies of Turok Dinosaur Hunter.