What Valiant comics have legal issues re:reprints

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Zhuge1
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Re: What Valiant comics have legal issues re:reprints

Post by Zhuge1 »

jeremycoe wrote:I'm pretty sure Shadowman by Ennis & Wood came out a few weeks ago. I bet they get around to reprinting more of the Acclaim stuff, there's just not a huge demand right now.
I totally missed that -- I'll order a copy today. I never read any of the VH2 stuff so was curious about it.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

I would love to see Bloodshot V2 1-16 collected in a deluxe hardback edition.
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Shadowman99 wrote:The Shadowman tpb is really good actually. The reprint issues were of course only ever going to be as good as they were originally, but it was great catching up on Deadside again, especially with the script for the final issue in there too!

Still puzzling as *SQUEE* in a lot of ways, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Did the Deadside 4 script resolve anything? I haven't picked this TPB up yet but will.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

iggy101us wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:The Shadowman tpb is really good actually. The reprint issues were of course only ever going to be as good as they were originally, but it was great catching up on Deadside again, especially with the script for the final issue in there too!

Did the Deadside 4 script resolve anything? I haven't picked this TPB up yet but will.
If you're going to buy this book then read it and find out! :kidaround:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

sonicdan wrote:I would love to see Bloodshot V2 1-16 collected in a deluxe hardback edition.
I'd like to see that too. I'd also like to see more of the VH1 Bloodshot released (beyond the 8 issues reprinted in the Masters volume). And a second volume of the X-O classic omnibus collection while we're at it :)

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

iggy101us wrote:

Just finished this one. The script for Deadside #4 brings the series to an end, but whether or not it really resolves anything is, I'd say, open for interpretation. The Garth Ennis issues were entertaining and an interesting different take on Shadowman. I've read that subsequent issues of this series sort of went off the rails that Ennis laid out in this initial story arc, but I'd be interested to read more of it if VEI ever releases another collected edition. As far as the Deadside series goes, I can see why they included it in this volume. The series seems designed to provide a more comprehensive view of the Deadside, but it does so with standalone stories that are connected only through the narrator. The middle issues give insight into the concepts of heaven and hell and the unpublished script sort of explains why that matters (sort of). I'd be interested to see what others think who've read it (not sure if that should be in a separate thread?).