Switch to full style
Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.
Be courteous towards others who may not want too much information before they can read it for themselves.
The Published Issue Discussions sub-forum exists for books to be discussed in detail after publication.
Post a reply

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:29:31 pm

magnus20009 wrote:I do not have access to the data but how hard would it be using the same methodology to add in the books since January 2016 to date?

With some of the lower print runs surely some of the books in the 2 and a half years would appear on the list. It would be really interesting to see and know the relative scarcity of some issues.



Somebody else that knows more can jump in here.... but, I think the print runs of the very limited Variants such as the 1:50s are not going to always lineup exactly with the ratio due to overrun for damages and extras for the artists, creators and giveaways.

It looks as though in some instances a couple of hundred extra are printed (which in my opinion is extremely low). So, if a 1:50 Variant has a ratio which would give it a print run of 225 copies; They may have printed about 4 to 5 hundred copies.

In addition, I don't think anyone knows "exact" regular edition print runs for a lot of the comic books. Apparently, there are additional sales of books (through unorthodox means, and foreign sales, etc.) that don't show up in the comichron sales numbers.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:07:18 pm

Bump:

1 copy - Bloodshot Salvation #12 (LaRosa Vin Diesel Variant)
1 copy - Quantum And Woody (2017) #1 (Second Print)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Hitch Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Jones Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Rivera Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Foreman Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Crain Golden Ticket)
UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.
200 copies - Bloodshot Salvation #1 (Suayan Brushed Metal 1:250)
250 copies - Harbinger #25 (Kitson 1:50)
275 copies - Rapture #4 (Suayan 1:50)
275 copies - Savage #4 (LaRosa 1:50)
300 copies - Savage #1 (LaRosa 1:50)
350 copies - Imperium #1 (Braithwaite 1:40)
350 copies - Divinity #1 (LaRosa 1:40)
350 copies - Savage #2 (LaRosa 1:50)
400 copies - Shadowman #13 (Davis 1:50)
400 copies - Eternal Warrior #5 (Mack 1:50)
400 copies - X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50)
------------ X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50 Error) = small percentage of the 400 copies.
400 copies - Wrath of Eternal Warrior #4 (Lafuente 1:50)
450 copies - Savage #3 (LaRosa 1:50)
450 copies - Britannia #3 (Johnson 1:50)
500 copies - Harbinger Wars #3 (Zircher 1:50)
525 copies - 4001 A.D. (Sook 1:100)
600 copies - Britannia #2 (Johnson 1:50)
675 copies - A&A: Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #5 (Lafuente 1:50)
800 copies - Harbinger Wars #1 (Zircher 1:50)
2,800 copies - Ninjak 2015 #1 (Sauvage cover D)

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:57:05 pm

DirtbagSailor wrote:UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.


Does someone know more about this book and the story behind it. A fellow board member sold me his second copy of it (and I assume these are the 1 or 2 copies being referred to here)

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:31:14 pm

magnus20009 wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote:UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.


Does someone know more about this book and the story behind it. A fellow board member sold me his second copy of it (and I assume these are the 1 or 2 copies being referred to here)


Chainball and/or Dino are the two best sources of info on this book.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:21:47 am

Juki wrote:
greg wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:If I had to guess, and if the number of 400 is correct for X-O Manowar #15 1:50, then I would say about 250 correct copies and 150 error copies.

That is a larger number of error comics than I would have guessed (I would have guessed less than 100). So, I wonder how many were actually destroyed? Or, is there a larger number of error comics still around today?

I am generally convinced that we need to consider that no destruction happened until we have someone who can state exactly how many of anything were destroyed. Wanting to believe that things are extremely rare is a good way to be highly disappointed when more pop up in the future.

The ratio of the ones CGC graded so far is 2 corrected for every 1 error (14 corrected, 7 error).



In Dinesh's comment he explains that only the "Midtown error comic" has been seen to exist. This seems to imply that the other error comics might be gone. However, I don't understand how he knows that only the "Midtown shipment " of errors were removed and saved?

For that matter, I don't know how you would tell that a comic was set to be in the "Midtown shipment " just by looking at it (after the fact). But, Dineish seems to know somewhat about the situation. They could have saved all the errors. That's why I was bringing it up for discussion.

In the scenario that none of the comics were destroyed.... It would still be interesting to know what the ratio is of correct/error comics.

If there were comics destroyed...It would still be interesting to know what is left and the ratio of correct/errors that are left.

I spoke with a fellow member of this board at NYCC a few years ago (whichever one followed the release of X-O #15) and he showed me his X-O #15 error, that he got from Midtown. (IIRC, he was planning on showing it to the guys at the booth.) This may be how they know that the error copies got to Midtown (although I don't know how they would know they *only* went out to Midtown. For what it's worth, it's my understanding that even though Midtown sold him the error copy, he *also* got the corrected version as a "replacement" for the bad book.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:59:24 am

kjjohanson wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:If I had to guess, and if the number of 400 is correct for X-O Manowar #15 1:50, then I would say about 250 correct copies and 150 error copies.

That is a larger number of error comics than I would have guessed (I would have guessed less than 100). So, I wonder how many were actually destroyed? Or, is there a larger number of error comics still around today?

I am generally convinced that we need to consider that no destruction happened until we have someone who can state exactly how many of anything were destroyed. Wanting to believe that things are extremely rare is a good way to be highly disappointed when more pop up in the future.

The ratio of the ones CGC graded so far is 2 corrected for every 1 error (14 corrected, 7 error).



In Dinesh's comment he explains that only the "Midtown error comic" has been seen to exist. This seems to imply that the other error comics might be gone. However, I don't understand how he knows that only the "Midtown shipment " of errors were removed and saved?

For that matter, I don't know how you would tell that a comic was set to be in the "Midtown shipment " just by looking at it (after the fact). But, Dineish seems to know somewhat about the situation. They could have saved all the errors. That's why I was bringing it up for discussion.

In the scenario that none of the comics were destroyed.... It would still be interesting to know what the ratio is of correct/error comics.

If there were comics destroyed...It would still be interesting to know what is left and the ratio of correct/errors that are left.

I spoke with a fellow member of this board at NYCC a few years ago (whichever one followed the release of X-O #15) and he showed me his X-O #15 error, that he got from Midtown. (IIRC, he was planning on showing it to the guys at the booth.) This may be how they know that the error copies got to Midtown (although I don't know how they would know they *only* went out to Midtown. For what it's worth, it's my understanding that even though Midtown sold him the error copy, he *also* got the corrected version as a "replacement" for the bad book.


Wasn't that me? :hi:

If it was then: I was emailed that it was "no longer available". Under separate email I was told that it was shipped with a misprint, expect a refund for the item. As far as the correct version, I found one on Ebay at some point (not sure how far) after that.

If it wasn't me, then: I know nothing, NOTHING!!!! :devil:

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16:53 pm

DirtbagSailor wrote:Bump:

1 copy - Bloodshot Salvation #12 (LaRosa Vin Diesel Variant)
1 copy - Quantum And Woody (2017) #1 (Second Print)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Hitch Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Jones Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Rivera Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Foreman Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Crain Golden Ticket)
UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.
200 copies - Bloodshot Salvation #1 (Suayan Brushed Metal 1:250)
250 copies - Harbinger #25 (Kitson 1:50)
275 copies - Rapture #4 (Suayan 1:50)
275 copies - Savage #4 (LaRosa 1:50)
300 copies - Savage #1 (LaRosa 1:50)
350 copies - Imperium #1 (Braithwaite 1:40)
350 copies - Divinity #1 (LaRosa 1:40)
350 copies - Savage #2 (LaRosa 1:50)
400 copies - Shadowman #13 (Davis 1:50)
400 copies - Eternal Warrior #5 (Mack 1:50)
400 copies - X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50)
------------ X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50 Error) = small percentage of the 400 copies.
400 copies - Wrath of Eternal Warrior #4 (Lafuente 1:50)
450 copies - Savage #3 (LaRosa 1:50)
450 copies - Britannia #3 (Johnson 1:50)
500 copies - Harbinger Wars #3 (Zircher 1:50)
525 copies - 4001 A.D. (Sook 1:100)
600 copies - Britannia #2 (Johnson 1:50)
675 copies - A&A: Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #5 (Lafuente 1:50)
800 copies - Harbinger Wars #1 (Zircher 1:50)
2,800 copies - Ninjak 2015 #1 (Sauvage cover D)


I’ve got a nm copy of Britannia #3 1:50 Johnson variant for sale if anybody is interested. $85 shipped. Send DM.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05:24 pm

If you are counting the error copy of xo. 15. Their is one rarer with only 3 found. Will get details for you.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:21:46 pm

Mis read post sorry.
You tagged it as an error, on a book that is rare in itself

Any way it was a secret weapons error issue 3. With contents of issue 2, but still with bonus materials of issue 3.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:33:38 pm

Lets not forget the Imperium #1 error copies. Not exactly known how many, but less than the regular correct copies.

Also, you might notice (or not?) that there are NOT a lot of Divinity #0 (Warped Tour Edition) floating about or for sale. :hm:

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34:53 am

DirtbagSailor wrote:Lets not forget the Imperium #1 error copies. Not exactly known how many, but less than the regular correct copies.

Also, you might notice (or not?) that there are NOT a lot of Divinity #0 (Warped Tour Edition) floating about or for sale. :hm:


So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?

I have an Imperium 8 that has the interior of a different issue. (Can't remember which one, will have to check)

Rico

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:44:52 am

Beware Cyclops wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:
Juki wrote:
greg wrote:If I had to guess, and if the number of 400 is correct for X-O Manowar #15 1:50, then I would say about 250 correct copies and 150 error copies.

That is a larger number of error comics than I would have guessed (I would have guessed less than 100). So, I wonder how many were actually destroyed? Or, is there a larger number of error comics still around today?

I am generally convinced that we need to consider that no destruction happened until we have someone who can state exactly how many of anything were destroyed. Wanting to believe that things are extremely rare is a good way to be highly disappointed when more pop up in the future.

The ratio of the ones CGC graded so far is 2 corrected for every 1 error (14 corrected, 7 error).



In Dinesh's comment he explains that only the "Midtown error comic" has been seen to exist. This seems to imply that the other error comics might be gone. However, I don't understand how he knows that only the "Midtown shipment " of errors were removed and saved?

For that matter, I don't know how you would tell that a comic was set to be in the "Midtown shipment " just by looking at it (after the fact). But, Dineish seems to know somewhat about the situation. They could have saved all the errors. That's why I was bringing it up for discussion.

In the scenario that none of the comics were destroyed.... It would still be interesting to know what the ratio is of correct/error comics.

If there were comics destroyed...It would still be interesting to know what is left and the ratio of correct/errors that are left.

I spoke with a fellow member of this board at NYCC a few years ago (whichever one followed the release of X-O #15) and he showed me his X-O #15 error, that he got from Midtown. (IIRC, he was planning on showing it to the guys at the booth.) This may be how they know that the error copies got to Midtown (although I don't know how they would know they *only* went out to Midtown. For what it's worth, it's my understanding that even though Midtown sold him the error copy, he *also* got the corrected version as a "replacement" for the bad book.


Wasn't that me? :hi:

If it was then: I was emailed that it was "no longer available". Under separate email I was told that it was shipped with a misprint, expect a refund for the item. As far as the correct version, I found one on Ebay at some point (not sure how far) after that.

If it wasn't me, then: I know nothing, NOTHING!!!! :devil:

It was. I guess I'm misremembering the details a little. I thought you got both from Midtown.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:00:14 pm

Ricomortis wrote:So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?


The contents of the book for the Imperium #1 story are exactly the same. The error copy also includes the Imperium “prelude” promo for Imperium #1...which was (obviously) only to have been included in other books before Imperium #1 came out.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:23:47 pm

UPDATED to reflect LADOTH #1.

1 copy - Bloodshot Salvation #12 (LaRosa Vin Diesel Variant)
1 copy - Quantum And Woody (2017) #1 (Second Print)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Hitch Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Jones Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Rivera Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Foreman Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Crain Golden Ticket)
UNK copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) - Supposedly all copies were destroyed; we have only seen at least 1 or 2 listed for sale.
200 copies - Bloodshot Salvation #1 (Suayan Brushed Metal 1:250)
250 copies - Harbinger #25 (Kitson 1:50)
275 copies - Rapture #4 (Suayan 1:50)
275 copies - Savage #4 (LaRosa 1:50)
300 copies - Savage #1 (LaRosa 1:50)
350 copies - Imperium #1 (Braithwaite 1:40)
350 copies - Divinity #1 (LaRosa 1:40)
350 copies - Savage #2 (LaRosa 1:50)
400 copies - Shadowman #13 (Davis 1:50)
400 copies - Eternal Warrior #5 (Mack 1:50)
400 copies - X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50)
------------ X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50 Error) = small percentage of the 400 copies.
400 copies - Wrath of Eternal Warrior #4 (Lafuente 1:50)
450 copies - Savage #3 (LaRosa 1:50)
450 copies - Britannia #3 (Johnson 1:50)
500 copies - Harbinger Wars #3 (Zircher 1:50)
525 copies - 4001 A.D. (Sook 1:100)
600 copies - Britannia #2 (Johnson 1:50)
650 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Choi Paradise / Wondercon Variant)
675 copies - A&A: Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #5 (Lafuente 1:50)
800 copies - Harbinger Wars #1 (Zircher 1:50)
2,800 copies - Ninjak 2015 #1 (Sauvage cover D)

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:29:30 pm

DBS. The nycc ninjak. Is that the cover of all the live action stars on it?

If so 1.ebay seller sold at least 10 copies

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:53:24 am

corey wrote:DBS. The nycc ninjak. Is that the cover of all the live action stars on it?

If so 1.ebay seller sold at least 10 copies


I assume you are referring to seller ch33yu13en7

From his closed and sold auction description

“ One copy of NINJAK #0 New York Comic Con Ninjak Versus The Valiant Universe variant published by Valiant Comics. This is the rarest cover from this issue. This books is very, very rare and never comes up for sale. There are estimated to be only 25 copies or less in existence. The book was meant to given out at NYCC in 2017 but Valiant's Chinese investors blocked it so they could further their plans for a hostile takeover. I got a few copies from the booth on the first day of the show before they were blocked from release.”

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:58:34 am

Ya. Is that the comic?

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:04:28 am

corey wrote:Ya. Is that the comic?


Yup.

It is this issue

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/ ... cid=199354

Maybe we have another book as rare as Bloodshot 0 Platinum. :o

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:10:06 am

DirtbagSailor wrote:
Ricomortis wrote:So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?


The contents of the book for the Imperium #1 story are exactly the same. The error copy also includes the Imperium “prelude” promo for Imperium #1...which was (obviously) only to have been included in other books before Imperium #1 came out.


Hey Rico:

I believe I sold you a copy of Imperium #1 with the error inside. :thumb: I think I placed a yellow post it note on the bag that said it was the error issue. :hm:

Mkb28

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:33:30 am

mkb28 wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote:
Ricomortis wrote:So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?


The contents of the book for the Imperium #1 story are exactly the same. The error copy also includes the Imperium “prelude” promo for Imperium #1...which was (obviously) only to have been included in other books before Imperium #1 came out.


Hey Rico:

I believe I sold you a copy of Imperium #1 with the error inside. :thumb: I think I placed a yellow post it note on the bag that said it was the error issue. :hm:

Mkb28


Yes... You did... I found it. It still has the yellow post it. I see what you guys are talking about now. Wonder if CGC will recognize it or how much the raw errors would sell for. I think I might have a couple.

Rico

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:42:54 am

Ricomortis wrote:
mkb28 wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote:
Ricomortis wrote:So.... On the Imperium 1.... What exactly is the error edition and why?


The contents of the book for the Imperium #1 story are exactly the same. The error copy also includes the Imperium “prelude” promo for Imperium #1...which was (obviously) only to have been included in other books before Imperium #1 came out.


Hey Rico:

I believe I sold you a copy of Imperium #1 with the error inside. :thumb: I think I placed a yellow post it note on the bag that said it was the error issue. :hm:

Mkb28


Yes... You did... I found it. It still has the yellow post it. I see what you guys are talking about now. Wonder if CGC will recognize it or how much the raw errors would sell for. I think I might have a couple.

Rico


I forgot about this one. I'm not sure it's very rare, but folks have to open it up to find it. We should start a common error list. These aren't one-off production errors, but large production errors where the books were either destroyed or replaced.
Imperium 1
X-O 1 2nd Print
Shadowman mask book
Delinquents 1 glossy sketch cover
Book of Death indicia error
etc.

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:01:44 am

The Rai 2 mask issue had a recalled version and a corrected version. Not rare

X-O Manowar 15 had an error issue (had contents of a Quantum & Woody inside) and a corrected version. The error version I believe is very rare, although I would suspect not difficult for unscrupulous people to recreate by marry the contents of said Q&W with the X-O 15 cover (much like who ASM 238 missing tattooz frequently found tattooz that came from FF252 added)

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:23:07 pm

Ricomortis wrote:Yes... You did... I found it. It still has the yellow post it. I see what you guys are talking about now. Wonder if CGC will recognize it or how much the raw errors would sell for. I think I might have a couple.


We need to push the issue with CGC Robert. I have one raw error copy; however, as a HUGE Imperium fan and collector, this error NOT being officially CGC recognized is NOT and option! :lol:

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:12:01 pm

corey wrote:DBS. The nycc ninjak. Is that the cover of all the live action stars on it?

If so 1.ebay seller sold at least 10 copies


Can we confirm that 10 sales occurred? When we deal with the ULTRA RARE, everything counts!

Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:31:12 pm

DirtbagSailor wrote:
corey wrote:DBS. The nycc ninjak. Is that the cover of all the live action stars on it?

If so 1.ebay seller sold at least 10 copies


Can we confirm that 10 sales occurred? When we deal with the ULTRA RARE, everything counts!



I wish I could go back through what I bid on, but I know I bid on at least 5.I wanna say more,before I got 1
Post a reply