My VEI 1st Appearance Investment Thoughts - By the numbers

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Re: My VEI 1st Appearance Investment Thoughts - By the numbe

Post by Keith »

jmatt wrote:I VEI, his first appearance (I think) was the 4001: Bloodshot one off.
Think you mean The Fall of Bloodshot from Book of Death for the Rampage first appearance.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Joshua wrote:I am very curious about the lasting value of Eternity 1's high-ratio variant. There are some bonkers sales going on.

I am as well, as the trend seems to be pointing upwards. Last three sales on Ebay ($275 and $299 buy it now and $335 auction) seem to be doing nothing but pointing upwards with crazy fast speed! With three auctions happening right now, I would have to imagine those numbers will come down. As I write this, two auctions are already over $200, with 3 days left. Interestingly, these two auctions are private bidders, so who knows where this will land. The third still has 6 days 9 hours left, and is only at $56. I don't imagine this one staying at that price for long after the other two auctions end.

Bottom line Joshua, we made some crazy investments!
Moose

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Another thought I had was the Ninja-K metal and where it might end up. Is it being hurt by the Eternity auctions? Still one day left on the first auction for one on Ebay, and it seems a little low...
Moose

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Keith wrote:
jmatt wrote:I VEI, his first appearance (I think) was the 4001: Bloodshot one off.
Think you mean The Fall of Bloodshot from Book of Death for the Rampage first appearance.
Yes, that's it. Thanks.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

aaronchua wrote:
Is the new Rampage the same character as the 90s version or is it like Livewire where both characters are similar in name only?
Joshua wrote:New Rampage seems very similar to his old appearance. I would view Bloodshot 34 as the real first appearance.

I am very curious about the lasting value of Eternity 1's high-ratio variant. There are some bonkers sales going on.
Agree with Joshua - seems very similar to the original at this point, though we haven't actually seen his origin yet. I have the impression we may get that story in Bloodshot: Salvation #4 next month, which I am looking forward to.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;