Quantum and Woody Continuity

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

pjar
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Quantum and Woody Continuity

Post by pjar »

Which Quantum and Woody comics are part of the acclaim continuity? Is it just the original acclaim issues plus the Q2: Return of Quantum and Woody stuff or are the 2017 Quantum and Woody also a part of that? What about the Delinquents Quantum and Woody?

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Re: Quantum and Woody Continuity

Post by Jrosen »

Just the q2.

pjar

Post by pjar »

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. Just as a quick followup: what is the bonus material available in the TPBs of the original series? Is there actual new story or is it just behind the scenes stuff?

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

pjar wrote:Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. Just as a quick followup: what is the bonus material available in the TPBs of the original series? Is there actual new story or is it just behind the scenes stuff?
Director's Cut -- about 4-5 new pages added in between the collected stories; the sequence between Egypt and Taiwan has been rearranged with 2-3 new pages but feels even more confusing somehow; plus a few outtakes that didn't make the final cut.

KYAG -- nothing much added except for (only) half (!) of the pages from "Mark's Silly Sketchbook" (Q&W #0); the wraparound cover is kinda nice though...except for the text box on the back.

Holy S-Word -- about 7-8 new pages added in between the collected stories dubbed "things they wouldn't let us do the first time around" or something like that.

Magnum Force -- 6-7 pages added in between...

The 3 trades with extras are definitely worth getting if you're a die-hard Q&W fan (like me) and you may want to get KYAG to have a complete collection. Those are not very expensive trades anyway.

I believe all the extra material has also been reprinted in VEI's trades of the original Q&W series as well as in the Complete Q&W Omnibus. The latter also includes X-O #16 and "Thunk", a very short story that was previously published in a Wizard Mag only.

Hope it helps.

pjar

Post by pjar »

It does. That's exactly the information I needed. Now to track down ultra-cheap copies of the trades.