Valiant Books to be Thankful For

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

wwise03
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: Free Comic Book Day 2014
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
Valiant Books to be Thankful For

Post by wwise03 »

Since today is Thanksgiving, I thought it would be a good time to talk about any Valiant books, writers, artists, etc. that you are particularly thankful for.

I am thankful for Dinesh for essentially throwing his life on the line for Valiant. I can't imagine the courage it takes to pour your time and money into a comic book company housing characters that had there chance before and failed. He, along with the people he has surrounded himself with, have created a truly great comic book company that puts out tremendous books on a weekly basis.

For your courage Dinesh, I thank you!

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Valiant Books to be Thankful For

Post by bygranddesign »

wwise03 wrote:
For your courage Dinesh, I thank you!
+1

:thumb:
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

:thumb: :high-five:
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

jkingman
Favorite character: Zephyr
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart and Kindt
Favorite artist: CAFU; Clayton Henry

Post by jkingman »

(just a note, there is a spoiler for people who haven't read Harbinger to #25)
I am very thankful that Dinesh has fought the great fight to get the Valiant comics that are the high quality comics they are!! Joshua Dysart, Fred van Lente, and Matt Kindt are my favorite writers at Valiant, building an amazing foundation for the universe! I'm thankful for great artists, too many to name, really...very few artists I haven't been thrilled with, same for the writers too. They treat the characters with respect, are dedicated to making incredible comics, not just meeting monthly deadlines or trying to match what is popular or chasing trends.

I'm thankful for Faith above any other character. I was a Valiant fan back in the day and Harbinger (the first 25 issues at least, especially the first 12 or so) was a game changer. The most realistic teen characters I had seen, the real world feel of it, the not-so-glorious side of being a super hero. And then Faith, a plus side, total geeky girl, happy despite the mood or stress or pressure...I thought she was amazing. The revamped Faith is even better, deeper, louder, not geeky in a bad way but in an honest way, and I'm so happy to see her in Unity, can't wait to see what Kindt will do with her!

I'm also thankful for Kris, a character that my daughter, Pixie, really connected with, a smart, counter-culture teen with no powers...and Pixie came out as a lesbian when she was 13...she's only read Harbinger up to #15, because when she started reading, only issue #17 was out and she didn't want to have to wait month by month, so I've told her that it is up to #25, the story at a pause, so it's the perfect time to catch up...not telling her about Kris admitting she was in love with Flamingo. I can't wait to see her reaction to that. I love going to comic cons with my Faith hoodie and Harbinger hat, and Pixie with me in her Kris inspired Harbinger jacket and she even puts fake piercings on her lips (and we keep forgetting to get a pair of red glasses). I'm a comic addict, the cartoons, movies, toys...and Pixie has barely been interested in superheroes. She read all the Bone books, and the first trade paperbacks of a few different titles, and really liked them, but not enough to pick the next one off my bookshelf. But she devoured the Harbinger books, including the Bloodshot and Harbinger Wars crossover. Super cool.

I'm also very thankful for Kindle Worlds, being able to write "official" Valiant stories, writing characters I love is a dream come true. And for the fan fiction comic I did with MarrowMan, we never got any official word we could do it, but they never asked us to stop, and we posted it for Fan Art Friday, page by page at first.

I'm also hopefully that a decade from now, I'll have some Valiant movies on blu-ray to watch and X-O Manowar 150 would be on the shelves! :D :thumb:
I <3 Faith!!!

here are my Valiant Kindle World stories!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp ... evancerank

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

jkingman wrote:(just a note, there is a spoiler for people who haven't read Harbinger to #25)
I am very thankful that Dinesh has fought the great fight to get the Valiant comics that are the high quality comics they are!! Joshua Dysart, Fred van Lente, and Matt Kindt are my favorite writers at Valiant, building an amazing foundation for the universe! I'm thankful for great artists, too many to name, really...very few artists I haven't been thrilled with, same for the writers too. They treat the characters with respect, are dedicated to making incredible comics, not just meeting monthly deadlines or trying to match what is popular or chasing trends.

I'm thankful for Faith above any other character. I was a Valiant fan back in the day and Harbinger (the first 25 issues at least, especially the first 12 or so) was a game changer. The most realistic teen characters I had seen, the real world feel of it, the not-so-glorious side of being a super hero. And then Faith, a plus side, total geeky girl, happy despite the mood or stress or pressure...I thought she was amazing. The revamped Faith is even better, deeper, louder, not geeky in a bad way but in an honest way, and I'm so happy to see her in Unity, can't wait to see what Kindt will do with her!

I'm also thankful for Kris, a character that my daughter, Pixie, really connected with, a smart, counter-culture teen with no powers...and Pixie came out as a lesbian when she was 13...she's only read Harbinger up to #15, because when she started reading, only issue #17 was out and she didn't want to have to wait month by month, so I've told her that it is up to #25, the story at a pause, so it's the perfect time to catch up...not telling her about Kris admitting she was in love with Flamingo. I can't wait to see her reaction to that. I love going to comic cons with my Faith hoodie and Harbinger hat, and Pixie with me in her Kris inspired Harbinger jacket and she even puts fake piercings on her lips (and we keep forgetting to get a pair of red glasses). I'm a comic addict, the cartoons, movies, toys...and Pixie has barely been interested in superheroes. She read all the Bone books, and the first trade paperbacks of a few different titles, and really liked them, but not enough to pick the next one off my bookshelf. But she devoured the Harbinger books, including the Bloodshot and Harbinger Wars crossover. Super cool.

I'm also very thankful for Kindle Worlds, being able to write "official" Valiant stories, writing characters I love is a dream come true. And for the fan fiction comic I did with MarrowMan, we never got any official word we could do it, but they never asked us to stop, and we posted it for Fan Art Friday, page by page at first.

I'm also hopefully that a decade from now, I'll have some Valiant movies on blu-ray to watch and X-O Manowar 150 would be on the shelves! :D :thumb:
:thumb: :high-five: :clap:
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

I'm thankful for X-O Manowar #1.
What a great ride it has been since that book.

Ras the future fan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot

Post by Ras the future fan »

I'm thankful for valiant returning as a whole and for this past year I'm thankful for unity in my opinion it'd the best superhero team book out right now. Thanks for being a good alternate to the big two.
Don't be afraid of the Darque!