VEI Listened to my thoughts aka my prophecy

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
VEI Listened to my thoughts aka my prophecy

Post by valiantdude »

well it seems that i have my finger on the pulse of vei at least telepathicly... prior to the announcement about the editor in cheif, and prior to the announcement of divinity,... here is an excerpt of something i posted in june...it was part of a rant of my general feelings about those comics at the time.

".They need a really good EIC, and they needed SOLAR or a SOLAR type character.. Without a multi-dimensional philosophical backbone of the universe, its very flat. Solar just gave VH1 so much depth..there is nothing giving this universe any depth.."

so it seems i have some intution..haha....and i feel like as a fan of these universes for over 20 year i would know what would help them where they are at now...

so vei if youre reading this.. as i know you guys read everything here...if divinity is really a solar type character, you better give that comic extreme depth..dont make it crappy...or make it for 'comic book readers'......make it real...make it the comic that gets real awards outside of the comic world for being quality fiction....deep deep metaphysical depth...dont make it a cheesy comic that some vei titles ended up being..

(side note..back in 2006 i was working out in the country and had alot of time on my hands..solar was my fav vh1 character so when i was bored i recreated solar from scratch and wrote several scripts for comics without the solar thing...just a metaphysical phil seleski with solar type abilities and i still love what i wrote)

get someone to write that comic that has existed in the metaphysical world somehow, make it a prerequisite that you had to have had at least 40 acid trips and 12 dmt sessions, before you can write that character....

anyways....if you guys need an ideas you always message me here or email me at redwoodkeeper@hotmail.com
i got ideas for days :)

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger
Re: VEI Listened to my thoughts aka my prophecy

Post by David_Cody »

We've said it before, but it's worth saying again...

It's a great time to be a Valiant fan! :thumb:

I think VEI has some great ideas planned out for 2015 and I for one can't wait. I really, literally read mostly Valiant comics.

You nailed it V-Dude. :clap:

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

sorry..dont know why it posted twice

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

david_albuq wrote:We've said it before, but it's worth saying again...

It's a great time to be a Valiant fan! :thumb: :clap:
I daresay that VEI is starting to eclipse VH1 in greatness.

erwinrafael
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Aram
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Pere Perez

Post by erwinrafael »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dysart and Van Lente have given us more philosophical depth about power, politics, faith, belief, pop culture, and fate in their runs in their amazing runs in Harbinger and Archer and Armstrong, than the existential angst of VEI Solar, which is just a derivative of the late 80s-early 90s existential angst of the Alan Moore Superman / Miracle Man / Dr. Manhattan.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

valiantdude wrote:sorry..dont know why it posted twice
No problem, the duplicate has been removed.