Question

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

twofour
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Question

Post by twofour »

How was the Predator vs Magnus Robot Fighter 2 part? I'm thinking about buying it but I want to know if the story was any good first.

twofour
Last edited by twofour on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:46:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

quite good, with great art from Lee Weeks. Defenitely in my Top 10 Magnus comics.

twofour

Post by twofour »

Cool! Thanks for the info. I think I will pick it up.

twofour

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

don't spend much more than a dollar a copy though!...i can get 'em easily at that price...and i hope you can too!

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

If you ask the board someone will have them for 25c each. They are great btw

n6
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by n6 »

I can get you copies of 1 and 2 for free - if you send me $2.50. That's $1.50 for Media Mail and $1 for the box. PM me if you're interested.

-n6

dave
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

see what kind of love just OOZES on thse boards...i would just like to tell anyone who is looking for certain issues...post them! i have been helped so much-it's wild!

twofour

Post by twofour »

It is cool! Anybody got a Unity Red they don't want? :lol:

twofour

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

I'm DESPERATELY searching for 50 copies of X-O 1/2 Gold, a dozen CEAR Reds, and 100 sets of the Diamond Unity trades! DESPERATELY!

They're for..uh....a homeless shelter I work at! Yeah...For kids! Yeah, homeless kids! And they're blind! Yes, blind, homeless kids! And some of them smell kinda funny! Funny smelling, blind, homeless kids! Yeah!

Honest.

So don't do it for me....do it for the stinky blind homeless kids! They'll thank you!

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

twofour wrote:It is cool! Anybody got a Unity Red they don't want? :lol:

twofour
I can get a copy for free - if you send me $72.50. That's $71.50 for Media Mail and $1 for the box. PM me if you're interested. :twisted: :D

-whetteon
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

I can get a copy for free - if you send me $72.50. That's $71.50 for Media Mail and $1 for the box. PM me if you're interested.
That sounds like a Neatstuffstuff auction. The books themselves sell for a penny each, but you end up paying for them with the shipping. My LAST deal with him, I paid $30.00 for 26 auctions won, $3.00 for the books, $27 for the shipping. He proceeded to supposedly send my books via media mail and the books never arrived. Needless to say I wasn't too happy. We finally got it straightened out after a long hassle, but I certainly wouldn't buy from him again.

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

Brother J wrote:
I can get a copy for free - if you send me $72.50. That's $71.50 for Media Mail and $1 for the box. PM me if you're interested.
That sounds like a Neatstuffstuff auction. The books themselves sell for a penny each, but you end up paying for them with the shipping. My LAST deal with him, I paid $30.00 for 26 auctions won, $3.00 for the books, $27 for the shipping. He proceeded to supposedly send my books via media mail and the books never arrived. Needless to say I wasn't too happy. We finally got it straightened out after a long hassle, but I certainly wouldn't buy from him again.
I bought a bunch from him as well. It didn't arrive for a month so I complained and he said it was 'returned to sender'. I found that hard to believe and then he wanted another $18 to ship again. I was *SQUEE* but paid the money just so I could finally get the books. They arrived another three weeks later.

whetteon

Post by whetteon »

Brother J wrote:
I was going to attempt a spot of humor and say something like, "Neatstuff auction was my mentor" but after fully reading your response I feel it would be disrepectful. Sorry you had to go through the ordeal :(

R Daneel
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

Brother J wrote:That sounds like a Neatstuffstuff auction. The books themselves sell for a penny each, but you end up paying for them with the shipping. My LAST deal with him, I paid $30.00 for 26 auctions won, $3.00 for the books, $27 for the shipping. He proceeded to supposedly send my books via media mail and the books never arrived. Needless to say I wasn't too happy. We finally got it straightened out after a long hassle, but I certainly wouldn't buy from him again.
I hear that. I've seen all those penny auctions, and how he will not combine shipping no matter what, at least according to his auction details. THIEF. Gets by paying less on eBay fees and over charges for shipping. Oh I can hear the cry now ... how is he supposed to recoup the costs of listing his comics?! Sorry that is not the buyers responsibility.
Last edited by R Daneel on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:46:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

<chuckle>...Neatstuff's been doin' this an AWFUL long time...and they mostly don't keep track of what they're doing. Some of their books....well....another seller who just doesn't care.

As far as shipping...anyone running the 'every additional comic is $1' scam is fully overestimating their worth as a shipper. There is no valid reason...none....and I defy anyone to give me one...that it costs $1 extra to put a single comic in a package already going to the address in the first place.

And you can see how quickly it adds up. You buy 50 books, you pay $49 additional dollars, even though actual shipping for 50 books is roughly $5. That means, for a seller who SHOULD have all the books in the same place before they even LIST the books, and it takes about 5-10 more minutes to confirm, pull, and pack that additional stack, you pay the seller an additional $45-$48 JUST for 'handling'....assuming used boxes are free(they're ALWAYS used...and even if not, they're only $2-$3 brand new), packing materials for a single box are negligible (usually about 10-20 cents worth), and you get a seller who thinks his time is worth $270-540/hour to SHIP COMICS.

'But...but...I HAVE to pay my LABOR!' Fact: you'd have to pay your labor whether you sold 1 comic or 100....AND....it's doubtful your labor sits around waiting to ship ONE eBay order at a time. AND...labor is $8-$10 for decent shippers.

I'm about to leave several negs for another seller who charged $6.50 for five comics...and shipped them for $1.84...and they had the absolute NERVE to use the 'well <adopts haughty, seller know-it-all tone>...I COULD have charged you the ENTIRE aggregate amount for shipping, which you agreed to by bidding!'....totally ignoring the fact that I saved them a BOATload of time in not having to pack, address, and load 5 DIFFERENT packages, energy in not having to juggle five different packages, and money in both. It saves them a GREAT amount of effort, and yet, they have the NERVE to not acknowledge that and pass on THEIR savings to their customers.

Tacky.

twofour

Post by twofour »

Tell us how you really feel!!! I agree with you, though!

twofour

whetteon

Post by whetteon »

ZephyrWasHOT!! gets pretty intense sometimes. Of course while he knows how to get my goat I must admit it's an honor for him to take the time to consider what I have to say. :D

Death to Neatstuff collectibles! :x