Valiant Humble Bundle

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Valiant Humble Bundle

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Whoah, this is an amazing deal. You have to check it out, and support. You will NOT find a better deal anywhere!
Instead of me listing everything available, go to: https://www.humblebundle.com/books

I think it's like 143 issues for $15! How can you beat that? Or you can give more, since it's for charity, AND Valiant. Even if you already have some, GO FOR IT!
PLUS the Acclaim Shadowman video game!

:high-five: :clap: :cloud9:

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Valiant Humble Bundle

Post by lorddunlow »

Dang it! You beat me to it!
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

lorddunlow wrote:Dang it! You beat me to it!
Working my way up the ranks here on the VF boards!
Scooped Dunlow!
:thumb:

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: MRF #1
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by brucehartshorn »

This is a project which is near and dear to VEI. They would love a strong showing of support from the fans, if at all possible. I have to believe that we have an great opportunity here to get some great books, at a wonderful place, and at the same time help VEI assist very worthy charities. So if you possibly can, please check it out for everyone involved :clap: :thumb:

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

brucehartshorn wrote:This is a project which is near and dear to VEI. They would love a strong showing of support from the fans, if at all possible. I have to believe that we have an great opportunity here to get some great books, at a wonderful place, and at the same time help VEI assist very worthy charities. So if you possibly can, please check it out for everyone involved :clap: :thumb:
^^^ What he said ^^^

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

I will also point out that they will add more books in the coming days. That's typical with Humble Bundles. Humble Bundle is possibly my favorite thing in the world.

Also, if you decide later that you didn't donate enough, then you can just add more to your amount at a later time. Same if they add an incentive you want that required a "pay more than the average" but you didn't pay more than average.

I already have all of these (minus the Shadowman game - I acutally missed the original Humble Bundle with that game in it), but I plan on ponying up my dough for support of VEI and charity.

Bruce, it seems like you have a little insight to this initiative. Do you know if VEI is hoping to make some profit from this, or is it mainly to get some visibility while helping charity? I ask because if they are hoping to make some profit as well, I'll up my intended donation and give VEI a bigger cut of it.

For those that are unfamiliar, Humble Bundle lets you "pay what you want" for these items. When you pay, you can specify how much of your donation goes to the publisher, how much goes to each charity, and how much goes to the Humble Bundle website for their costs. You can literally say your entire amount goes to charity if you want! My typical spread is 80% charity, 10% Humble Bundle, 10% Publisher.

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: MRF #1
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by brucehartshorn »

lorddunlow wrote:I will also point out that they will add more books in the coming days. That's typical with Humble Bundles. Humble Bundle is possibly my favorite thing in the world.

Also, if you decide later that you didn't donate enough, then you can just add more to your amount at a later time. Same if they add an incentive you want that required a "pay more than the average" but you didn't pay more than average.

I already have all of these (minus the Shadowman game - I acutally missed the original Humble Bundle with that game in it), but I plan on ponying up my dough for support of VEI and charity.

Bruce, it seems like you have a little insight to this initiative. Do you know if VEI is hoping to make some profit from this, or is it mainly to get some visibility while helping charity? I ask because if they are hoping to make some profit as well, I'll up my intended donation and give VEI a bigger cut of it.

For those that are unfamiliar, Humble Bundle lets you "pay what you want" for these items. When you pay, you can specify how much of your donation goes to the publisher, how much goes to each charity, and how much goes to the Humble Bundle website for their costs. You can literally say your entire amount goes to charity if you want! My typical spread is 80% charity, 10% Humble Bundle, 10% Publisher.
This will benefit VEI in a number of ways so bigger donations will CERTAINLY be most appreciated.

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

lorddunlow wrote:I will also point out that they will add more books in the coming days. That's typical with Humble Bundles. Humble Bundle is possibly my favorite thing in the world.

I plan on doing basically 50/50 charity/Valiant. Giving HB only like $1 just for their trouble. I don't know their view on it, but I would assume this is a way to make some money for Valiant as well. Other Humble Bundles that other publishers did have made hundreds of thousands of dollars. No joke, I can't see why they would want to not get a piece of that. That's a salary or two or 3 for a year.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Looks like ol' Doc "Too good for the boards nowadays" Solar is the biggest contributor right now!

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

:funnypost:

Ibero
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot

Post by Ibero »

Um, that valiant masters x-o manowar is new, i like that they keep their masters program even if they have the omnibus

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

Cant wait to get this

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Whoah, this is an amazing deal. You have to check it out, and support. You will NOT find a better deal anywhere!
Instead of me listing everything available, go to: https://www.humblebundle.com/books

I think it's like 143 issues for $15! How can you beat that? Or you can give more, since it's for charity, AND Valiant. Even if you already have some, GO FOR IT!

I really would like to get this, but I already have everything... *SQUEE* it, might just do it anyway. Charity's a good thing, right?

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

TheFerg714 wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:Whoah, this is an amazing deal. You have to check it out, and support. You will NOT find a better deal anywhere!

I really would like to get this, but I already have everything... *SQUEE* it, might just do it anyway. Charity's a good thing, right?
I've already got it all too. But, I don't have the Masters in digital, and the X-O Masters is making it's debut through this site, so it's not available anywhere yet! Go for it! $15 for all of those comics, DRM Free, plus, charity, and good karma :-)

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

I think I already have all of these books digitalls as well as in print, but I don't have the game. and it's for charity, so why not.

I strongly encourage everyone to share this via whatever social media outlets you use.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

lorddunlow wrote:Looks like ol' Doc "Too busy for the boards nowadays" Solar is the biggest contributor right now!
Fixed.

Wrunow showed me up though!

The last bundle was a bunch of Star Trek comics. It sold 14,876 bundles. Let's pimp this out and #BeatStarTrek.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

can these be read via comixology?

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

So how does this work? I pay some amount (like $15) and get those various listed comics? And if more become listed, I get them automatically?

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

ilzuccone wrote:can these be read via comixology?
That's an interesting question, now that Comixology sells DRM free Valiant, specifically. I wonder? My gut says no, because they might be able to track where you bought the file from. BUT, who knows? Buy the bundle, then try to read them on comixology? If not, there are plenty of other good comic e-readers out there.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

ilzuccone wrote:can these be read via comixology?
Nope. No way to load files to be read in Comixology's app. (I'm sure there is a way you could trick the app into reading the files, but there would be zero interest in that by the techie community that would be able to tell you how.)
cjv wrote:So how does this work? I pay some amount (like $15) and get those various listed comics? And if more become listed, I get them automatically?
If you pay $15 for this particular bundle, then you'll be guaranteed to get everything that is part of the bundle including any additions over the next 2 weeks. If you pay more than the average right now, then you'll get anything added to the "pay more than the average to unlock" tier even if the average goes up.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

bummer. not sure i want pdfs of these books. meh. might as well. it's for charity.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

ilzuccone wrote:bummer. not sure i want pdfs of these books. meh. might as well. it's for charity.
What do you use to read Comixology on? If you have a tablet, then there are numerous .cbr/.cbz reading apps for iOS and Android that would let you read these (and they're all much better than Comixology's crappy reader).

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

This is perfect timing for me if I'm going to be catching up on my reading and writing reviews for Amazon. I can read these on the train without *SQUEE* up my hard copies.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

lorddunlow wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:bummer. not sure i want pdfs of these books. meh. might as well. it's for charity.
What do you use to read Comixology on? If you have a tablet, then there are numerous .cbr/.cbz reading apps for iOS and Android that would let you read these (and they're all much better than Comixology's crappy reader).
i'm not so against pdfs more i don't want my digi books spread over multiple readers.

i'm not a fan of digi books in general tho. so don't let this derail the thread. I think this humble bundle sight is great.

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

ilzuccone wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
i'm not so against pdfs more i don't want my digi books spread over multiple readers.

i'm not a fan of digi books in general tho. so don't let this derail the thread. I think this humble bundle sight is great.
I'm aware it's not popular to stick up for Dunlow, facepalm but I don't think he was derailing the thread. I use other e-readers for my comics other than Comixology as well. And their experiences are sometimes better than Comixology's. To me, not too big a deal having them in separate places. Especially if it's ALL your Valiant in one place, it's hardly an inconvenience.
And I think you'll find that in the near future, it's going to happen even more, especially with DRM free books looking like they're becoming the norm. You'll be able to read them anywhere.