The Mission Begins - Trades from Patches going to libraries!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012
Re: The Mission Begins - Trades from Patches going to librar

Post by ShadowTuga »

Sir Sandrick wrote:Wow! I received a pristine Unity #1 Gold in the mail today! Awesome! Thanks to Bruce and VEI for sending this my way - what a treasure! This might just be the first book that I actually CGC!

Also, I think that it is awesome that it was Unity gold, because that is what this has been- A united effort from everyone that bought patches to go toward all of those trades. Unlike the characters in Unity however, we all make a pretty good team. When it comes to sharing what we love with others Valiant Fans rock!

:high-five: :high-five: :high-five:
More than well deserved, Sir. :thumb:
One of those initiatives that show how truly awesome Valiant fans are. Many congrats to you and Jay, this was/is a truly fantastic endeavour.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

Yep one of the best promos ever, congrats Sanders it's well deserved.

AnthonyF
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: TOYO HARADA
Favorite title: HARBINGER
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by AnthonyF »

Very cool of VEI!

Well done, Sir! :thumb:

Sir Sandrick
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: X-O/Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by Sir Sandrick »

So I went to see if the books that I gave to the Fremont Library were on the shelf yet... They called up the lead acquisitions officer for the county that happened to be on the premises that day and had me go upstairs to their office. Get this-

She told me that the reason that they had not been put into circulation yet was because they wanted to look through them themselves. She then got hooked and read all of them. She then said that she was planning to call me to ask if I had more copies that I could give and promised to circulate them to the Alameda County system!

Ummm, yes please!

So soon, there will now be at the very least about 20-30 trades in circulation in San Francisco's east bay area. Pretty incredible! These books are already making fans, starting with the librarian! :clap:

ShadowTuga
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

Sir Sandrick wrote:So I went to see if the books that I gave to the Fremont Library were on the shelf yet... They called up the lead acquisitions officer for the county that happened to be on the premises that day and had me go upstairs to their office. Get this-

She told me that the reason that they had not been put into circulation yet was because they wanted to look through them themselves. She then got hooked and read all of them. She then said that she was planning to call me to ask if I had more copies that I could give and promised to circulate them to the Alameda County system!

Ummm, yes please!

So soon, there will now be at the very least about 20-30 trades in circulation in San Francisco's east bay area. Pretty incredible! These books are already making fans, starting with the librarian! :clap:
This is gold. Congrats once again, Sir!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

bamaphilosopher
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1991
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart, Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Lupacchino, BWS, Lapham

Post by bamaphilosopher »

Sir Sandrick wrote:Wow! I received a pristine Unity #1 Gold in the mail today! Awesome! Thanks to Bruce and VEI for sending this my way - what a treasure! This might just be the first book that I actually CGC!

Also, I think that it is awesome that it was Unity gold, because that is what this has been- A united effort from everyone that bought patches to go toward all of those trades. Unlike the characters in Unity however, we all make a pretty good team. When it comes to sharing what we love with others Valiant Fans rock!

:high-five: :high-five: :high-five:
Very awesome, Sir Sandrick! And well deserved. :thumb:
For my Valiant: Kindle Worlds stories, check out my amazon author central page, http://www.amazon.com/Richmond-West/e/B ... 204&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sort by price low to high, and the Valiant Kindle Worlds stories will pop to the top. :)

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Sir Sandrick wrote:So I went to see if the books that I gave to the Fremont Library were on the shelf yet... They called up the lead acquisitions officer for the county that happened to be on the premises that day and had me go upstairs to their office. Get this-

Ummm, yes please!

I was always hot for librarians :wink:

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite title: X-O/Harby/A+A/Unity
Favorite writer: Vditti/Dysart/FVL/Kindt
Favorite artist: soo many pretty pictures...

Post by nscc »

Really Great of you doing this. :thumb:

:clap:

pm sent re: the patches.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Sir Sandrick

Post by Sir Sandrick »

hawkeyeps wrote:

Ummm, yes please!

Especially if you found one pushing Valiant comics! I never thought that I would hear one say that. She was young in her late 20s, glasses, smart looking- I will let you make up the rest :wink:

Sir Sandrick

Post by Sir Sandrick »

nscc wrote:Really Great of you doing this. :thumb:

:clap:

pm sent re: the patches.
Got it! I will get these to ya asap :)

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Are you going to Wonercon?

A Samurai Sue signed by Jay Fabres and Josh Dysart would be cool beyond imagining :cloud9:

Sir Sandrick

Post by Sir Sandrick »

We are moving to LA the week before that so we were actually thinking of going - I would LOVE to get some prints made and them both sign them. How fun would that be!

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Sir Sandrick wrote:We are moving to LA the week before that so we were actually thinking of going - I would LOVE to get some prints made and them both sign them. How fun would that be!
Tons of fun and I know Josh likes it as much as everybody else does and would probably like a print for himself :)

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Ummm, yes please!

That's absolutely awesome, so glad to hear about such a positive reaction. You already had a fantastic idea to do this in the first place (I love seeing comic trades in libraries) - but getting someone in the system on your side like that to help really promote Valiant is stellar! Congrats to you & Jay!! :clap:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sir Sandrick

Post by Sir Sandrick »

grendeljd wrote:

Ummm, yes please!

That's absolutely awesome, so glad to hear about such a positive reaction. You already had a fantastic idea to do this in the first place (I love seeing comic trades in libraries) - but getting someone in the system on your side like that to help really promote Valiant is stellar! Congrats to you & Jay!! :clap:
Thanks! It is great to think about how many people may be exposed to Valiant through this.

It other super great news... Dino gave the go ahead to make HARD Corps patches! Jay says that she is going to get to designing this as soon as we are moved, so we should have more on this soon. I would like it to be about the size of the first patch we made which was a bit bigger at 3 inches across.

We are hoping to have these done by SDCC this year, so that we can have them with us to sell there as well as on the forums. We will probably get around 50 of them to start and another batch if we run out.

Of course, she is working on those bookmarks too and we would love to know which ones you would like next! I think she is going with Rai, Aric, Gilad, Q&W and the Goat next but there is always room for more!

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

HARD Corps patch! :cloud9:

Sir Sandrick

Post by Sir Sandrick »

hawkeyeps wrote:HARD Corps patch! :cloud9:
I know! We have been asked by so many people to do one, so we are psyched to finally be able get around to it! Truth be told, we needed a bit of a break after three rounds of the harbinger patches.

The design will be as faithful as possible to the comic of course, but she says she will post the test patch as soon as it is ready.

We will try to get these done well before SDCC, but if anyone needs them sooner for costumes and such please let us know and we will try to make it even sooner if possible :)

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

That's the beauty of HARD Corps, it can be anybody...and we're all expendable :o

Sir Sandrick

Post by Sir Sandrick »

10 more books went to the Sunnyvale library today - librarian Rachel is awesome!

Mountain View also requested a second set to got with the first. Apparently Candice (Librarian there) read the reviews on amazon to get an idea for the company and she was surprised at the scores and fan base for them. So now Mountain View has 10 as well!

It seems most places want 2 sets at least, some three - but it is great that they all are agreeing to add these to their collections :)

More to come soon! After I am moved to LA I plan on hitting Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Burbank, and a few other branches. Again - if anyone out there has a local library that they would be willing to approach with a set of these - let me know!

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Awesome job Sanders :clap:

jthuconn
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gunslinger
Favorite title: H.A.R.D. Corps

Post by jthuconn »

Great job guys. So awesome to read.

Absolutely can't wait for the HC patch and two thumbs up for X-O and EW bookmarks!
- -
"Surely you jest."
~Gilad

bamaphilosopher
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Sir Sandrick wrote:
hawkeyeps wrote:

Ummm, yes please!

Especially if you found one pushing Valiant comics! I never thought that I would hear one say that. She was young in her late 20s, glasses, smart looking- I will let you make up the rest :wink:
lol, I'd totally be chatting her up and hitting on her if she was into Valiant. :thumb:
For my Valiant: Kindle Worlds stories, check out my amazon author central page, http://www.amazon.com/Richmond-West/e/B ... 204&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sort by price low to high, and the Valiant Kindle Worlds stories will pop to the top. :)

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite title: X-O/Harby/A+A/Unity
Favorite writer: Vditti/Dysart/FVL/Kindt
Favorite artist: soo many pretty pictures...

Post by nscc »

Got my patches and bookmarks a few days ago, but never got to go pick them up until this morning.

Kick *SQUEE*, they look great. :thumb: :clap:

Thanks again, and really cool that this has been a great success :)
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

bamaphilosopher wrote:
Sir Sandrick wrote:
hawkeyeps wrote:

Ummm, yes please!

lol, I'd totally be chatting her up and hitting on her if she was into Valiant. :thumb:
Be careful guys. Didn't you know that talking about the attractiveness of a female and their abilities as a possible mate make you a misogynist? It doesn't matter that you also talked about her being a librarian and into Valiant books as attractive qualities. :kidaround:

We all know women would never talk about men this way.

Sorry, I'm just feeling beat over the head with the misandronist/misogynist crap on Twitter lately.

Sorry for the hijack Sanders - bad day at work.

Awesome work on getting these out to the libraries. That's some good stuff right there!
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

bamaphilosopher
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

lorddunlow wrote:
We all know women would never talk about men this way.
Um, yeah, right. :lol: :thumb: