CLOSED 2013 VEI NYCC Exclusives+Optional Bonus Extras CLOSED

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT 2013 New York Comic Con Exclusives

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER?

ANY VALIANT FAN MEMBER CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS OFFER!!!

TO ROUND #2 MEMBERS: (You can expect some added 'goodies' with or without purchase. Stay tuned for further announcement)

================================

VEI EXCLUSIVE #1

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #14 NYCC VARIANT

- Limited to 750 copies
- Available Only at NYCC 2013

Cost: $20.00/Book (Payment To Valiant Entertainment BEFORE OCT 10TH)

Shipping: (Payment to Elery: BEFORE NOV)
*US Priority Mail Shipping: $6.00
*Canada Priority Mail Shipping: $21.00 (Maximum 4 lbs)
*International Priority Mail Shipping: $26.00 (Maximum 4 lbs)
******If you have a monthly subscription with Ed @ Paradise, your orders will be consolidated on your next shipment with them.
(I will be dropping of your books to Paradise at no cost)

*Shipping is based on how much USPS costs + Paypal Fees.

VEI EXCLUSIVE #2

X-O MANOWAR SIGNED DELUXE HC EDITION VOL 1.

- Limited and Numbered to 500
- 40+ Pages of Bonus Material Never Before Seen
- Cary Nord and Robert Venditti Signed Bound in Signature Page
- 11 1/4" x 7 1/8" x 1" and Weighs Nearly 3 lbs. (An oversize edition, allowing you to see the art in a bigger format than ever)
- Collects X-O Manowar Issues #1 to #14

Signed Exclusive Hard Cover ****(With Valiant Team Signatures Option)
Cost: $100.00 (Payment To Valiant Entertainment BEFORE OCT 10TH)

****** For the first 50 members who purchase the X-O MANOWAR SIGNED DELUXE HC EDITION, each will get a copy of X-O Manowar #1 signed by Robert Venditti, Cary Nord, Warren Simons, and Dinesh Shamdasani with COA.

Regular Hard Cover ****(With Valiant Team Signatures Option)
Cost: $39.99 (Payment To Valiant Entertainment BEFORE OCT 10TH)

"If you'd like, and this goes for anyone that wants to do the same, I can pass your copy around the office and have the team sign it. Happy to do this with the non-signed version as well, of course then it wouldn't have the additional signing page or Rob and Cary's signatures." - Dinesh

****For all Hard Cover Orders....please indicate if you want the Valiant Team Signatures Option during payment.

FAQ: The difference between the Signed and Unsigned Hard Covers are:
1. Signed Bound in Signature Page
2. Regular Hard Covers are shrink wrapped (Signed Hard Covers aren't)
3. If you wish to the Regular Hard Cover signed by the Valiant Team, they will no longer be shrink wrapped.

***The Regular Hard Cover does not have the Bound in Signature Page and is available in your local LCS or book stores. (Valiant originally solicited this with 20 bonus pages, but it has now been bumped to 40+ bonus pages)

As of September 26th, all available numbers will be randomly selected by VEI / Elery / Bruce. (THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.)

******If you have a monthly subscription with Ed @ Paradise, your orders will be consolidated on your next shipment with them.

COMBINED SHIPPING

Shipping can be combined for those who want to order both exclusives.

1x Archer & Armstrong #14 NYCC Variant + 1x X-O Manowar Signed Deluxe HC Edition Vol. 1
Cost: $120.00 (Payment To Valiant Entertainment BEFORE OCT 10TH)

****For all Hard Cover Orders....please indicate if you want the Valiant Team Signatures Option during payment.

NO LIMITS ARE SET WITH THESE EXCLUSIVES. (But shipping will be higher weight/size threshold exceeds what is indicated)

ORDERING INFORMATION:

PAYMENT FOR BOOKS:

These are Valiant Entertainment products and as such they are responsible for the prices of exclusives.

Valiant Entertainment will be accepting Paypal payments directly for these exclusives.

Send Paypal Payments to: valiant@valiantentertainment.com and provide your full name and mailing information.

Please indicate which items you would like to order on Paypal + Post on this topic.

You can also email: elerytan@gmail.com and brucehartshorn@comcast.net that you have made a payment and the details of your order.

Payment in full deadline is due before Oct. 10, 2013. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.

For members who have placed orders, I need you guys to send me an email to elerytan@gmail.com of the confirmation of your payment. (You can just forward me the email which is the easiest)

Here is an example:

It would be perfect if you can add your Full Name and VFans Member name as well.

Also this should include what you specifically ordered.

For Example:

Elery here is my order:
1 x A&A #14 Variant $20.00
1 x X-O Unsigned $39.99
1 x X-O Signed $100.00
Total: $159.99

**** Please indicate if you want (With Valiant Team Signatures Option) or not.

VEI will allow me to confirm what the orders.

If you sent me a PM, please allow me until the end of the day to respond. (as I am getting more PM's than usual)

========================================

SHIPPING SCHEDULE

We will do the shipping when these items all arrive in Los Angeles (ETA end of OCT)

I can pack these without any problems, but I need to know who has paid.[/b][/color]

FOR SHIPPING:

VEI will be sending all the completed orders in bulk to Los Angeles to me after NYCC. Bruce and myself will be handling all the coordination on this offer.

I do not need to collect any postage at this time. Bruce and I will contact each and everyone to request for shipping costs when we are ready to ship.

NYCC ONSITE PICK UP:

If any member is going to NYCC, there is no reason to pre-pay for these here.
Go visit the Valiant Booth, say "hello" to Dinesh and Atom! tell them thank you for supporting Valiant Fans. Don't forget to check out Atom's! convention shoes. Get as many signatures as you can :D

RULES:

We will pack and ship these as securely as possible in a timely manner.

Please do not expect your items to be perfect condition as we cannot guarantee the condition of these products when they arrive in LA from NYC.

That being said, they will be shipped in the same condition as they are received. If anyone has any questions of how I package my books, feel free to ask those who I have shipped to before.

REFUNDS:

If anyone overpaid with the earlier announcement, please send Atom! an email atomf@valiantentertainment.com and a refund will be issued.

Lastly, 'Round #2' qualified Valiant Fan members will be contacted by Bruce and myself shortly after NYCC.

Thank you.

- Elery & Bruce
Last edited by drmirage on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26:06 pm, edited 32 times in total.

drmirage
Re: VEI 2013 New York Comic Con Exclusives Revision 2.0

Post by drmirage »

We have made some updates upon discussing this today with VEI. We have also asked Greg to close the 1.0 thread to make things much easier on this topic.
First, if you have already made payments which is obviously an over payment, let me know (by pm) and I will send this info to Atom to get you a refund ASAP.

So here are is the guide to the updates: (Compiled by Bruce :thumb: )

1) People will continue to Paypal VEI for the items. A. Specific numbered HC $125.00 B. Random Numbered HC $100.00 C. A & A #14 Con Exclusive $20.00 D. Unsigned HC $40.00. VEI will give us a list of who paid for what.

2) VEI has agreed that whatever the quantity of these four items are purchased, they will be shipped to us with VEI absorbing that single shipment. After discussion, we've decided to have this shipment go to Elery in LA.

3) Elery will take charge of shipping these out to each member and contacting them directly to bill them for, and collect, exact shipping costs to each of them. We have never wanted to make any money for helping do this.

4) If the "goodies" are done and ready by the time the four items from the offer to ship to Elery, we'd like those included in the same single shipment to Elery so that he can include them.

5) Later, when the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ are done, we will have you ship those to Bruce in VT. for _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and shipping. If the "goodies" in item four were not done in time to ship to Elery, then VEI could include those with the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to Bruce.

This should lower the cost of the shipping to the members, will ensure that they arrive in great shape since Elery could give class lessons on how to safely ship, and should make it easier on VEI.

Elery is going to re-do the announcement in cooperation with Greg Holland to clear this up, to do the 'till midnight tomorrow for the specific number purchases, and to add the unsigned book into the offer. Sounds like a win for all of us.

I think we now have it clarified for all.

- Bruce

===================

On this revision will hopefully, it will save members some money on shipping.
We will be using a Legal Flat Rate Priority Mail Envelope / Padded Flat Rate Priority Mail Envelope for these orders.
(You can see the significant savings in shipping compared to 1.0)
Also, VEI has agreed to cover the cost in shipping to Los Angeles for these. (Thanks to Dinesh and Atom!)
I will obviously request VEI to send these very safe and securely during its transit.
(The "_ _ _ _ _ " are the extras we cannot yet disclose at this time along side Round #2)

===================

"PRICES"

Regarding the prices on the exclusives: These prices are set by Valiant Entertainment. The signed HC's are exclusives to cons only. They cannot be purchased anywhere else.

Lastly, Bruce nor I do not make any sales commission for doing this offer. We are trying to help members acquire items that they do not have access to.
Thanks!

Elery

UPDATED INFO ON SHIPPING COSTS.

Someone asked recently on how we are able to offer $6.00 to ship these books domestic because it costs them $10.00 in most cases.

Here is how:

1. If you use USPS Click & Ship online, you get a discount on postage than going to the actual post office. You do need to sign on to usps.com and pre-pay for the shipping. Plus you need to have a printer to affix the labels when they are generated.

Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelope $5.95 (In Store) $5.70 (Online) [With an added 5% -Paypal- we get $5.98]
Dimensions: 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope $5.75 (in Store) $5.25 (Online) [With an added 5% -Paypal- we get $5.51]
Dimensions: 15" x 9-1/2"

The plan is to use the Padded (Bubble Wrapped) Envelopes for the A&A Variant and the Legal Size Envelope for the Hard Covers. Priority Mail includes Delivery Confirmation + $50 Insurance as well. You can also order free shipping supplies at USPS.com ( I will be asking for optional insurance for the HC's in case they get lost or stolen) It should go up by $2.45 if participants want the extra $50 insurance for their HC's.

As long as the books fit inside the envelope, you are good up to 70 lbs.

For international, as long as we do not go over 4 lbs, Shipping: $21.00 to Canada and 26.00 everywhere else.
The Hard Cover weighs exactly 2.75 lbs so I am :hope: we do not reach that threshold.
(If we do a Medium Flat Rate Box. The postage jumps almost 2x that amount which we do not want)

So what do we use to protect the books from damage. Simple.... Bags and boards for the books plus we cut up USPS boxes (customized) and sandwich the books together with tape. (USPS Priority Mail Supplies are to be used for USPS Priority Mail Only and for no other purpose)
Last edited by drmirage on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:57:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Thanks, Elery for volunteering to ship everything. Makes the shipping much more in line with where it should be. (Except for International shipping - they get hosed as usual. I'm not sorry for Canada - they deserve it :P).

I'll definitely be getting the A&A now. No-brainer.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

drmirage wrote:Guys we have made some changes after discussing this with VEI.

We have asked Greg to close the thread to make it easier.

If you have already made payments and are owed money, let me know and I will send this info to Atom to get you a refund.

Doing this revision will hopefully save members some $ on shipping.

We're using Flat Legal Priority Mail Envelopes / Padded Priority Mail Envelopes. (You can see the significant savings in shipping)

Also, VEI has agreed to cover the cost in shipping these to Los Angeles. (Thanks to Dinesh and Atom!)

Prices for these items are set by VEI.

Bruce nor I do not make any sales commission for doing this. We are just trying to help members who do not have access to con exclusives.

Thanks!

Elery
thanks for the clarification on all this, guys. Much easier to digest.
Spooooon!!!!

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

drmirage wrote:Bruce nor I do not make any sales commission for doing this. We are just trying to help members who do not have access to con exclusives.

Thanks!

Elery

Just a offer of thanks to you and Bruce!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I yield my number to any interested patron.

dmezynski
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by dmezynski »

Thanks for doing this! I sent my payment in and I'll email you and Bruce too.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Well, this arrangement is certainly easier than a single volunteer picking up a ton of stuff at a con, schlepping it home and then mailing it to board members. I tip my hat to you guys for taking on the responsibility.

fury143
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by fury143 »

Is the Bound in Signature Page an additional page bound in? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to get the Hardcover due to the cost, $60 for 2 signatures. Wondering if one could buy a regular hardcover and have Cary Nord and Robert Venditti sign it. If it had a COA like the vvss I might buy it.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

fury143 wrote:Is the Bound in Signature Page an additional page bound in?
I'm pretty sure the Bound In Signature Page is bound in. :?

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

jmatt wrote:
The signature page is part of the book (not a signed sticker) and is an additional page that is not present in the non-signed version. Here's a picture of the page (complete with fake signatures!)

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

dino wrote:
jmatt wrote:
The signature page is part of the book (not a signed sticker) and is an additional page that is not present in the non-signed version. Here's a picture of the page (complete with fake signatures!)

You wrote Nord's signature with your left hand, admit it. :D

But there's my #1 signed book. I guess Bro J is gonna get it. Whoever that is. :? :lol:

fury143

Post by fury143 »

Probably will get the Archer comic. Just annoyed that the CBLDF Quantum and Woody book is still available at $10 from the cbldf and is limited to 750. Undecided on the signed hardcover, thinking it may be available later at a lower price. :!:

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

jmatt wrote:Well, this arrangement is certainly easier than a single volunteer picking up a ton of stuff at a con, schlepping it home and then mailing it to board members. I tip my hat to you guys for taking on the responsibility.
Well, not that easy for the person doing the shipping. That's what took the bulk of the time for me last year. Of course, it helped in my case that I work 4 blocks from the Valiant offices, so I was able to pick up everything after the con rather than haul it around the day of the show.
Last edited by kjjohanson on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: MRF #1
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by brucehartshorn »

Elery is so good at packing and shipping that he could give master lessons on it as anybody who has ever gotten anything from him can attest to. :thumb: There simply is none better.

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary

Post by cjv »

dino wrote:
jmatt wrote:

I want my signatures with hearts over the "i"s.

Chris

Peter
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gilad Anni-Padda
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior

Post by Peter »

Thank you Bruce and Elery. :thumb:

I ordered the Archer & Armstrong and the signature X-O hardcover.

Cheers :)

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

dino wrote:
jmatt wrote:

:lol:

I want THIS signature page
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
dino wrote:
jmatt wrote:

:lol:

I want THIS signature page
+1
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary

Post by cjv »

Definitely getting the A&A, debating on the hardcover. Since it is not a "board project" per se, I am not going to worry about getting my number.

Chris

dmezynski
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by dmezynski »

cjv wrote:
dino wrote:
jmatt wrote:

I want my signatures with hearts over the "i"s.

Chris
lol, I was just thinking that ... who can convince them to sign the books like that?

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker

Post by kjjohanson »

How do I get an assigned number for board projects?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

drmirage

Post by drmirage »

UPDATES:

Dinesh has mentioned.

"If you'd like, and this goes for anyone that wants to do the same, I can pass your copy around the office and have the team sign it. Happy to do this with the non-signed version as well, of course then it wouldn't have the additional signing page or Rob and Cary's signatures."

If anyone wants this on their Hard Cover Orders. Please let me know so I can coordinate.

Also, I am getting more PM's than usual. If you send me a PM, I will do my best to reply withing the end of the day. Thanks.

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary

Post by cjv »

kjjohanson wrote:How do I get an assigned number for board projects?
You have to participate (pay for and receive) a board project. If the number is not previously assigned, then you have dibs on it.

(Although there should probably be something for people that are gone, haven't participated in a while, so that some numbers can be "free"d up)

Chris

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tchalla8 »

This just tweeted by Valiant..

ValiantComics ‏@ValiantComics
On Oct. 30th we're unleashing the X-O MANOWAR Deluxe Edition vol. 1 HC! With 50 pages of never before seen extras! http://ow.ly/i/37LqC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

50 pages now?? I'm so confused...and is the cover gold or blue?
Spooooon!!!!