Which of the new titles are you looking forward to the most?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Which one are you anticipating more?

Quantum & Woody
13%
Eternal Warrior
59%
Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps
26%
Ice Cream
3%

Total votes: 39

cdgodin
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Which of the new titles are you looking forward to the most?

Post by cdgodin »

Which one are you looking forward to the most? Which one has you more excited?
Last edited by cdgodin on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:46:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: Which of the new titles are you looking forward to the m

Post by BugsySig »

Eternal Warrior, but I am very excited for the other two as well.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

Tough choice. I always go for Ice Cream.

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

Eternal Warrior

Love Hairsine's art first off ... and its the title that looks like it will surprise me the most.

So many possibilities and the plot details are really out there and fun.
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

Got to be some EW!!!

SJS4
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by SJS4 »

Eternal Warrior by a mile for me. It was my favorite comic when it was being published in the 90's so i have high hopes for this new version.

I have never read the original Q&W but based on the one page web comics released so far i am looking forward to it as well.

I am somehat leary toward Bloodshot and the Hardcorps. I really liked the Duane S. and Manuel Garcia run. I was not a fan of VH2 Bloodshot so I figure there is about a 50/50 shot on me liking the nee direction.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

I normally vote for ice cream in these polls but I had to vote Eternal Warrior. I'm SUPER excited for that title.
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

jaden_sai
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by jaden_sai »

Definitely Eternal Warrior :clap:

Although I'm hoping not to hear about Greg Pak writing anymore titles, with EW, Batman/Superman, and now Action Comics...

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

I voted for Bloodshot and HARD Corps as did 3 others but our votes were erased, I just voted again.

I look forward to Dysart's hand on Bloodshot/HARD Corps/Harbinger/PRS/Renegades, it's very well set up by Harbinger Wars and I'm super excited to see where it all goes. Dysart and Luppachino are proven commodities in the VEI universe.

Eternal Warrior looks and sounds great but I just heard Pak will be writing Action Comics so I worry EW won't be a primary focus, still very optimistic and excited for the book.

Q&W is a concept I at first hated but now am starting to warm to, I will give this title an honest chance.

blujay
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 2011
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by blujay »

My vote goes to EW but only cuz Ninjak hasn't been announced yet :hope:

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

Voted Eternal Warrior but I am really waiting for Rai. "Mindlock!"

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

I'm really looking forward to Quantum and Woody.

But even though I'm already reading Bloodshot, I'm *really* looking forward to seeing where the series goes with the HARD Corps after the Harbinger Wars. So seeing as I'm more excited about that, my vote goes to Bloodshot!

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

I voted for EW. I love the character and glad to see he'll be returning in his own title.

Harby Wars 3 actually has been really excited about BS & HC, especially, with Dysart having a hand in it.

I just can't get into Q&W and won't be picking it up. Which is good because I can't afford to pick up everything.
Multum In Parvo

Magnus9178
Favorite character: Turok
Favorite writer: Ron Marz

Post by Magnus9178 »

Eternal Warrior!!!

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by pixierosa »

I went with Eternal Warrior mainly because it's a new title, and with a character like this, there are many good stories that can be told. BUT, I am looking forward to reading Dysart's take on Bloodshot and HC. He's done a fantastic job with Harbinger Wars, proving he can handle a large cast, action, and still provide solid, interesting character pieces.
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric

Post by Phoenix8008 »

EW for sure. I don't really consider BS and the HC a new title, even though it may be a dramatic shift from what BS has been. It would be my second choice with Q&W third. I was never into the original Q&W so I don't have anything to go on unlike EW which was one of my favorites in the old days. Ice cream sounds pretty good right now too though. :D
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Another Dysart book has GOT to be a good thing. I enjoy Bloodshot now but I think Dysart will enhance it further.

Eternal Warrior will hopefully be a good book, but I can't help feeling it was a mistake re-launching the character in the 'comedy' book, A&A (bar the cameo in XO). The EW book looks more serious in tone, which I welcome, so hopefully it'll be a strong book and bring in new Valiant readers.

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Another Dysart book has GOT to be a good thing. I enjoy Bloodshot now but I think Dysart will enhance it further.

Eternal Warrior will hopefully be a good book, but I can't help feeling it was a mistake re-launching the character in the 'comedy' book, A&A (bar the cameo in XO). The EW book looks more serious in tone, which I welcome, so hopefully it'll be a strong book and bring in new Valiant readers.
My guess would be that EW was reintroduced to the Valiant universe in A+A because of his obvious ties to Aram, which probably makes it the best book out of the whole current lineup to introduce him in, in my opinion.

Introducing a 'new' character in a book hopefully gains people's interest and builds popularity for him with readers (particularly those new to Valiant) early on, hopefully making people more inclined to check out his independent series when it launches, so I think it made a lot of sense for Valiant to have done this with EW with retrospectively obvious plans for launching his series further down the line.

CallMeBloodshot
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Venditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by CallMeBloodshot »

Hi there fellow Valiant fans! My first post here. Let's hope for many more :)

Anyway, I voted Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps as I love Bloodshot.

I'm a noob to Valiant in general and atm only read Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman and X-O (still catching up on the back issues for most of them), but Bloodshot is a very simpathetic character that I instantly felt for and was compelled by. Not to mention he's a total badass 8-) . So yeah, I love the idea of Bloodshot appearing in another title every month. Though I'm not sure what the H.A.R.D. Corps is because like I said I'm still a noob and haven't read old Valiant comics yet either. Plus I'm only at Vol. 1 for Bloodshot and so havent even gotten to Harbinger Wars, so no spoilers please :) I immediately ordered all other trades/issues to catch me up.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

CallMeBloodshot wrote:Hi there fellow Valiant fans! My first post here. Let's hope for many more :)

I'm a noob to Valiant in general and atm only read Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman and X-O (still catching up on the back issues for most of them), but Bloodshot is a very simpathetic character that I instantly felt for and was compelled by. Not to mention he's a total badass 8-) . So yeah, I love the idea of Bloodshot appearing in another title every month. Though I'm not sure what the H.A.R.D. Corps is because like I said I'm still a noob and haven't read old Valiant comics yet either. Plus I'm only at Vol. 1 for Bloodshot and so havent even gotten to Harbinger Wars, so no spoilers please :) I immediately ordered all other trades/issues to catch me up.
Welcome to the board mate! :thumb:

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

All 3 for me; no easy comparisons to make with expected tone, and since Bloodshot and HARD Corps will be a definite shift, even that is up for grabs.

So all of them. Trying to stay off the ice cream due to my expanded waist-line.
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

CallMeBloodshot wrote:Hi there fellow Valiant fans! My first post here. Let's hope for many more :)

Awesome dude, really glad to have you on the boards :D After reading your trades you'll be up to speed on all the chat here in no time :)

To clarify, Bloodshot won't be appearing in another title every month: I think around abouts issue #14, the 'Bloodshot' comic is being re-named and becoming 'Bloodshot and HARD Corps', so he'll actually still only be appearing in one comic regularly. The re-name is due to the fact that he'll be teaming up with a small elite military unit called the H.A.R.D Corps, and the comic is no doubt going to be about them working as a team, for a significant period of time at least.

What's more hearsay is that a lot of board members suspect that the comic might revert back to being called 'Bloodshot' at a much later time in the future if Valiant decide to give HARD Corps their own comic. It's suspected that Bloodshot might be being used as a launching platform for the HARD Corps comic to appear sometime down the line. But that really is all speculation - What most people are ARE confident of though, is that for whatever reason the HARD Corps are being introduced into Bloodshot, the comic is going to maintain its current quality and possibly (and hopefully) even improve. A guy called Joshua Dysart is taking over the writing of the comic from the point where it's being renamed, and he's proven without a doubt from his current writing in Valiant comics that he's excellent at writing large cast comics, writing involving characters and writing action sequences, so he seems the perfect guy to develop Bloodshot as the lead character, as well as establish an involving supporting cast :thumb:

And don't worry about not having read the old line of Valiant comics: As a very new reader like yourself, one of the absolute best things about Valiant at the moment is that their current comics don't directly tie back to the old comics. They're being written completely from scratch, so people like us don't have to worry about knowing what happened back in the 90's - everything we need to know about the comics we're buying and reading today is in the current comics themselves! :D As you read Bloodshot and Harbinger especially, you'll see when you read more of the TPBs that everything you need to know about the characters and plotlines really is all there in the books for you :D

And as for the forum... A lot of these guys were reading the retro comics back in the day and know all about what happened with all the characters and stuff back then, and they relate those comics to the ones that are coming out today to a certain degree... But todays comics really are independent, so you really don't need to worry about reading the old stuff if you don't want to. The folk here are a really friendly bunch, and I've straight up asked them loads of questions about Valiant's new and old characters and plots and stuff because being a 'n00b' I don't know all that stuff... But someone's always kind enough to offer a decent explanation (before someone derails it and starts talking nonsense about Canadians or tacos or something) so don't feel like you'll be thought of as being stupid for asking questions here: Usually people are just happy to talk all things Valiant! :D

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Shadowman99 wrote: But someone's always kind enough to offer a decent explanation (before someone derails it and starts talking nonsense about Canadians or tacos or something) so don't feel like you'll be thought of as being stupid for asking questions here: Usually people are just happy to talk all things Valiant! :D
:hi:

Welcome to the boards. It's fun here. You will be welcomed with open arms, unless you're a damn dirty Canadian.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

MarkRoseHFX
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Shadowman99 wrote:(before someone derails it and starts talking nonsense about Canadians or tacos or something)
mmmmm Canadian Tacos
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

hunter_peterson
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: Kris Hathaway

Post by hunter_peterson »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:(before someone derails it and starts talking nonsense about Canadians or tacos or something)
mmmmm Canadian Tacos
The ecologically responsible way to dispose of your Canadians!