Bloodshot Series

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Man-of-The-Atom
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar Man of The Atom
Favorite writer: Kevin Vanhook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Re: Bloodshot Series

Post by Man-of-The-Atom »

SwiftMann wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:26:52 am Copying and pasting from my re-read post a couple years ago... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53143

Bloodshot – I read a couple issues of this a long time ago. Didn’t like it. Still don’t. It’s more of an approach problem* than an actual story problem. Although the story doesn’t seem terribly different than the original and (despite appearances by X-O and Shadowman) feels like it’s happening in its own universe.

*Babbling narrative boxes of random words attempting to sound literate – from #12: ”What’s left mewls flops jabbers in a swamp of tears agony excrement until the Triad’s offer. Let us help. Remake rebuild faster stronger better: the sins of Steve Austin.” WTF?!?
I can still feel the pain of the loss of the summaries I wrote when I re-read VALIANT. But it's nice to see that the section is still in use.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=120

I think that babbling came from the nanites inside Bloodshot.
Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be...

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

SwiftMann wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:30:12 am
Ryan wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:04:22 pm
SwiftMann wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:25:36 pm
Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:20:32 pmVH 2 Bloodshot was probably the best VH 2 series.
Wow. Could not disagree more. It was down there with Ninjak and Eternal Warriors as the worst VH2 series for me.
What were your favorites? Q&W, Shadowman? I'm blanking, it's been forever since I read those.

I did like Ninjak at the time. Not because it fit in with VALIANT at all, I guess I just have a soft spot for the early Spider-Man type stories.
Q&W for sure. And, to my surprise, most of the other new concepts like Troublemakers, which was the emotional spine of VH2, and Trinity Angels, which was absurdist fun.

As for the legacy characters, I think they were getting somewhere good with Turok, but started far too late. Magnus, X-O, Shadowman, Solar, and Bloodshot were all various levels of meh for me.
That's fair. Will check out your thread of reviews.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:17:29 am I can still feel the pain of the loss of the summaries I wrote when I re-read VALIANT. But it's nice to see that the section is still in use.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=120

I prefer publication (or production) order myself, but that would be interesting to try out. For a true full continuity re-read would also need Gold Key Magnus 1-28 and Turok 1-125. How do you feel about Coyote 6 and 7 (first appearances of X-Caliber) place in VALIANT continuity? I'd like to pick those up and give them a read.

Man-of-The-Atom

Ryan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:16:39 pm
Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:17:29 am I can still feel the pain of the loss of the summaries I wrote when I re-read VALIANT. But it's nice to see that the section is still in use.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=120

I prefer publication (or production) order myself, but that would be interesting to try out. For a true full continuity re-read would also need Gold Key Magnus 1-28 and Turok 1-125. How do you feel about Coyote 6 and 7 (first appearances of X-Caliber) place in VALIANT continuity? I'd like to pick those up and give them a read.
Never read them. Or the Frost comics either. I'd be curious to, though.
Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:25:31 pm
Ryan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:16:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=120

Never read them. Or the Frost comics either. I'd be curious to, though.
For sure I was just looking at that Frost by Vanhook recently. Looks like they're pretty affordable on the back issue market, until Coyote 11 the first Mcfarlane art :lol: I think the X-Caliber stuff is over by then anyway.

Man-of-The-Atom

Ryan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:32:40 pm For sure I was just looking at that Frost by Vanhook recently. Looks like they're pretty affordable on the back issue market, until Coyote 11 the first Mcfarlane art :lol: I think the X-Caliber stuff is over by then anyway.
No doubt, heh.