**MAYBE SPOILER** in X-O #1

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
**MAYBE SPOILER** in X-O #1

Post by BugsySig »

From Dinesh's twitter:
“@wakkomantis: SHUT UP! *runsbacktohisXO* SQUEEE RT @dinesh_s: @ComicsAstonish @Valiantcomics Gilad is in issue 1! Look closer!”
“@dinesh_s: @wakkomantis @ComicsAstonish @ValiantComics did you find him yet? Check out the Valiant FCBD special for a clue”
I looked, hard, and couldn't tell...unless he's hiding in plain sight and is really the other Visigoth prisoner with Aric on the ship...which would be kinda totally awesome. Going back to look again now.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Gilad in X-O #1

Post by greg »

Check the spoilers topic... but warning to anyone who hasn't read X-O #1 yet... SPOILERS! :D

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 33&t=36558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

greg wrote:Check the spoilers topic... but warning to anyone who hasn't read X-O #1 yet... SPOILERS! :D

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 33&t=36558" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok. Moved over there so as not to spoil...

Crow331
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Crow331 »

The title of this thread is a spoiler in itself! Maybe delete it?

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Crow331 wrote:The title of this thread is a spoiler in itself! Maybe delete it?
Sorry about that...blame my noobishness...feel free to delete, moderator.

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Crow331 wrote:The title of this thread is a spoiler in itself! Maybe delete it?
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

SJS4
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by SJS4 »

I don't think the very existence of the thread is a spoiler...I think it was Warren who mentioned a few months ago that Gilad would be in X-O #1 (in the Q&A thread). I will see if I can find it.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

SJS4 wrote:I don't think the very existence of the thread is a spoiler...I think it was Warren who mentioned a few months ago that Gilad would be in X-O #1 (in the Q&A thread). I will see if I can find it.
I will say that he is in the 5th page and he actually says something...

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heath
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

Yes, it IS a spoiler because I have painfully avoided any info such as this and it was just thrown out there as a thread title. Very frustrating.
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Heath wrote:Yes, it IS a spoiler because I have painfully avoided any info such as this and it was just thrown out there as a thread title. Very frustrating.
If I could change it I would, but it's not a really a spoiler as I only posted what Dinesh said on his twitter and replied that I couldn't find it. And if it is who people "think" it might be, it has no bearing on the story or plot and is completely unconfirmed at this point. It's no different than posting the Aja character designs or the links to the reviews which "spoiled" a lot more about the book itself.

SJS4

Post by SJS4 »

Heath wrote:Yes, it IS a spoiler because I have painfully avoided any info such as this and it was just thrown out there as a thread title. Very frustrating.
We will have to agree to disagree on this I think. IMHO if someone were to tell me that Thor is in the Avengers movie I would't consider that a spoiler, since it wouldn't explain anything that actually happens in the story (i.e.: what Thor does). And like I said, it was mentioned quite a while ago he would be making an appearance. I am a huge EW fan so it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most in the book.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

BugsySig
Re: **MAYBE SPOILER** in X-O #1

Post by BugsySig »

Moved by Greg, so hopefully it will not bother anyone else. Despite any disagreement over the spoiler/non-spoiler I would never want to disturb anyone's reading experience.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

I'm a bit surprised, I expected him to be on the other side of the battlefield.

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

I stick with my original assessment that a title that says "Gilad in X-O #1" is most certainly a spoiler. I only read that hint about Gilad being in XO a few weeks ago and if you're someone like Heath who has purposely been avoiding reading reviews or interviews to avoid such things, then finding out that Gilad is in XO #1 most certainly "spoils" the fun in discovering it for himself. Even if no plot points are revealed it's still a nugget of information that he would not have known about had the thread had a different title (like the current revised one) or this thread appeared in the spoiler section where Heath would not have looked.

With that said, Bugsy didn't do it on purpose and is a newbie as he admitted :D This one will slide ... but next time ... :kidaround:

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

SJS4 wrote:
We will have to agree to disagree on this I think. IMHO if someone were to tell me that Thor is in the Avengers movie I would't consider that a spoiler, since it wouldn't explain anything that actually happens in the story (i.e.: what Thor does). And like I said, it was mentioned quite a while ago he would be making an appearance. I am a huge EW fan so it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most in the book.
And by this statement if someone told you to stick around after the end credits of The Avengers because Scarlet Witch and Vision make an appearance, would you not consider that a spoiler?? I would! If someone just made the statement in bold instead then no one can b!tch correct?

etos45
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

Dr. Solar wrote:I'm a bit surprised, I expected him to be on the other side of the battlefield.

Me too... It took me a minute to find him because I was focused on the Romans at first.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

Crow331 wrote:
SJS4 wrote:
And by this statement if someone told you to stick around after the end credits of The Avengers because Scarlet Witch and Vision make an appearance, would you not consider that a spoiler?? I would! If someone just made the statement in bold instead then no one can b!tch correct?

AWW COME ON!!!! REALLY?!?!?! :mad:

...now the title needs to be changed again to say "...also has an Avengers spoiler!" :lol:

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

etos45 wrote:
Crow331 wrote:
SJS4 wrote:

...now the title needs to be changed again to say "...also has an Avengers spoiler!" :lol:
:lol:

I will also say I meant to put a "?" after the title originally...not sure if that makes it better or worse...and I had it moved by Greg about 5 minutes after I posted it.

Whether spoiler or not, it's not like I would have known to even look for Gilad unless I was told he was in there...without that knowledge I wouldn't have thought anything of the character that has now been confirmed as EW...Heath should be thanking me IMHO :lol:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

betterthanezra wrote:
SJS4 wrote:I don't think the very existence of the thread is a spoiler...I think it was Warren who mentioned a few months ago that Gilad would be in X-O #1 (in the Q&A thread). I will see if I can find it.
I will say that he is in the 5th page and he actually says something...

-Brian
Yeah, that does look like Gilad...

bribri
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bribri »

Okay, so Gilad has a scar in the FCBD preview book.

The guy on page five 5 of X-O Manowar #1 also has a scar on his face and therefore probably is Gilad.

What I'm wondering is...why does Gilad have a scar on his face? Doesn't it seem strange that an immortal would have a scar? I mean, isn't that kind of the brothers' thing, to heal when wounded (no matter how severe)?

Perhaps the scar in X-O Manowar #1 is actually a fresh wound. And perhaps the image in the FCBD preview is from the same time as X-O Manowar #1.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Crow331 wrote:...then finding out that Gilad is in XO #1 most certainly "spoils" the fun in discovering it for himself.
Not to diagree about it being a spoiler, but if Dinesh hadn't mentioned it, not a single reader would know. He's not addressed in any way you would recognize and he doesn't do or say anything that would make a reader recognize him as Gilad. He doesn't even have a hint of any of Gillie's trademarks like the bearpaw/spiky knuckles or any adornment running the length of his arm.

The only reason this is even a conversation is because someone at VEI hinted at it. If tomorrow they pointed at another anonymous character in the book and said "oo, look, this guy is Master Darque" it'd be the same thing.

Until we see that character do or say something worthy of notice, this conversation is pretty irrelevant.

And just as an aside, if someone does't want to learn of spoilers for Valiant titles, then hanging out on a forum called ValiantFans.com on the day of a 15 year long awaited release is probably a bad idea. :hm: :twocents:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

etos45 wrote:
Crow331 wrote:
SJS4 wrote:

:funnypost:

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

jmatt wrote:
Crow331 wrote:...then finding out that Gilad is in XO #1 most certainly "spoils" the fun in discovering it for himself.
Not to diagree about it being a spoiler, but if Dinesh hadn't mentioned it, not a single reader would know. He's not addressed in any way you would recognize and he doesn't do or say anything that would make a reader recognize him as Gilad. He doesn't even have a hint of any of Gillie's trademarks like the bearpaw/spiky knuckles or any adornment running the length of his arm.

The only reason this is even a conversation is because someone at VEI hinted at it. If tomorrow they pointed at another anonymous character in the book and said "oo, look, this guy is Master Darque" it'd be the same thing.

Until we see that character do or say something worthy of notice, this conversation is pretty irrelevant.

And just as an aside, if someone does't want to learn of spoilers for Valiant titles, then hanging out on a forum called ValiantFans.com on the day of a 15 year long awaited release is probably a bad idea. :hm: :twocents:

I don't get your reasoning at all. It's not a spoiler because if Dinesh hadn't mentioned Gilad was in there then no one would know he was in there so it's not a spoiler?? :?

Dinesh mentions Gilad is in XO #1 on Twitter. If I don't have Twitter or if Heath doesn't have Twitter and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board who don't have Twitter don't read that, then I don't know Gilad is in X-O #1.

Now Bugsy comes onto the board and makes a thread with a title that says "Gilad in X-O #1", how did he not just spoil it for everyone who doesn't read Twitter? :!: Oy! OK I'm going to let this drop. I think I've explained pretty well how that title is a spoiler to anyone who doesn't have that information. It's a spoiler by definition.

As far as The Avengers ... I'm kidding!!! I know nothing about a Scarlet Witch and Vision cameo!!! :lol:

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Crow331 wrote:
jmatt wrote:

I don't get your reasoning at all. It's not a spoiler because if Dinesh hadn't mentioned Gilad was in there then no one would know he was in there so it's not a spoiler?? :?

Dinesh mentions Gilad is in XO #1 on Twitter. If I don't have Twitter or if Heath doesn't have Twitter and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board who don't have Twitter don't read that, then I don't know Gilad is in X-O #1.

Now Bugsy comes onto the board and makes a thread with a title that says "Gilad in X-O #1", how did he not just spoil it for everyone who doesn't read Twitter? :!: Oy! OK I'm going to let this drop. I think I've explained pretty well how that title is a spoiler to anyone who doesn't have that information. It's a spoiler by definition.

As far as The Avengers ... I'm kidding!!! I know nothing about a Scarlet Witch and Vision cameo!!! :lol:
The title was a spoiler, it was in the wrong forum, and Deathmate sucked. Can we all move on now?

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

BugsySig wrote:
Crow331 wrote:
jmatt wrote:

The title was a spoiler, it was in the wrong forum, and Deathmate sucked. Can we all move on now?
Deathmate sucked? :? I haven't read it yet. Spoiler!!!! :lol: