Jim Shooter interview in Wizard?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tanord
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Jim Shooter interview in Wizard?

Post by tanord »

I've read somewhere that there was a Jim Shooter interview this past year in an issue of Wizard. Which issue was it and does anyone have a transcript of it to post?

RyanMcLelland
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: Since Super Mario SE #1
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by RyanMcLelland »

Don't even bother trying to look for the issue...
The 'article' was horrbie...it was a puff piece...and if someone from Wizard actually interviewed Shooter for three seconds, it didn't show. The article was a quasi-synopsis which skipped right over anything from the nineties.

qrnd
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by qrnd »

I seem to remember them promoting that 'interview' more than once in the issue preceding it. I wonder if it fell through and they had to create something, or if they were just using it as a gimick.

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

it's book 142 though isn't it? i think that was the number.

tanord

Post by tanord »

Hey Ryan, aren't you interviewing Jim Shooter and writing an article about him? How's that coming along? Your article about the Ultraverse universe was amongst the best that I've read. One article I would like for you to do is one on Crossgen. There's so many topics to cover such as the acquiring of the Lady Death property and a follow up if they paid the artists that weren't paid due to the financial crisis that they were in.

RyanMcLelland
Valiant fan since: Since Super Mario SE #1
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by RyanMcLelland »

I'm unsure of what is happening with that story. I did interview Jim Shooter for the article but nothing has gone on since then for the actual story. It leads me to believe that everyone is making sure they are getting all their ducks in a row first...or the whole 'thing' is dead. I'm unsure...but I'm going to save what I know until either the article comes out or the whole idea IS dead and then I can talk about it...

I'm also still reseraching for a Broadway article piece, talking about those books with those involved, find out what was going to happen in all the books, because of the sudden ending and cancellation. It's going along slow, but good...

and a small FYI...I have a piece on Impact Comics which should be up over on Newsarama in the next couple days...should anyone be interested in The Fly or The Comet.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

RyanMcLelland wrote:I'm unsure of what is happening with that story. I did interview Jim Shooter for the article but nothing has gone on since then for the actual story. It leads me to believe that everyone is making sure they are getting all their ducks in a row first...or the whole 'thing' is dead. I'm unsure...but I'm going to save what I know until either the article comes out or the whole idea IS dead and then I can talk about it...
Cool, can't wait for this :)
RyanMcLelland wrote: I'm also still reseraching for a Broadway article piece, talking about those books with those involved, find out what was going to happen in all the books, because of the sudden ending and cancellation. It's going along slow, but good...
ditto for this, I loved Broadway!