Did Speculating Harm Or Kill Valiant Comics?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

megatronthe3rd
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by megatronthe3rd »

Cyberstrike wrote:
megatronthe3rd wrote:
dave wrote:Weren't all of the Supreme #1's marked Volume Two or something? I remember being baffled by that one back then.
Yeah I never got what that was about either?
IIRC Liefeld wanted to a do a mini-series prequal that explained Supreme's origin and eventually (years later) it was done as The Power of Supreme or The Glory of Supreme or something like that.
Ah, Thanks :thumb:

Darques_Emporium

Post by Darques_Emporium »

Just putting my two cents in here, but Valiant wasn't helped either by the first death of the comics industry. Stuff that was great even fell under the sword. The time was bad because collectors didn't really care what was between the covers of the books. All that mattered was who wrote what and who drew what. Most people assumed that because Todd McFarlane or Jim Lee drew a comic book or the cover it was going to be worth big money. The Valiant company fell into that trap a bit, but it rolled completely down hill when Acclaim came in and killed everything. Sadly though, even if Valiant had been able to pull back their key fans again and went with that original feeling they had, I don't even know if Valiant would have survived the crash of the mid 90's. I guess we will never know.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story
Re: Did Speculating Harm Or Kill Valiant Comics?

Post by StarBrand »

Bump. :D
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Did Speculating Harm Or Kill Valiant Comics?

Post by Ramses818 »

Wow..reading this on my phone was a total pain in the *SQUEE* but it was really worth the laughs. I love looking at the comments about dark horse and how it helped out. Looking how much has changed in just 4 short years is pretty shocking. But I've been a VE I fan since the beginning and will be till the end lol.