Curious...did any filmmakers comment on how trailer gave the movie away?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Curious...did any filmmakers comment on how trailer gave the movie away?

Post by Oxmyx »

Specifically there's people who've spoken to people like Dinesh...it seems to me they'd be livid the markets ruined (or at least hurt) the moviegoer experience.

I personally chose to only watch that super quick first trailer that Dinesh teased way back when. I am glad I did. I watched the trailer afterwards and was like "Holy *SQUEE*, this trailer really DOES give away the whole thing!"
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Curious...did any filmmakers comment on how trailer gave the movie away?

Post by greg »

It seemed to me that the trailer gave away maybe the first 20 minutes of the movie, but I feel like there are layers to the movie that most people haven't noticed yet. :wink:

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

greg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50:48 pm It seemed to me that the trailer gave away maybe the first 20 minutes of the movie, but I feel like there are layers to the movie that most people haven't noticed yet. :wink:
Really? That'd be amazing because so far it feels like WYSIWYG
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Oxmyx wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15:45 am Specifically there's people who've spoken to people like Dinesh...it seems to me they'd be livid the markets ruined (or at least hurt) the moviegoer experience.

I personally chose to only watch that super quick first trailer that Dinesh teased way back when. I am glad I did. I watched the trailer afterwards and was like "Holy *SQUEE*, this trailer really DOES give away the whole thing!"
According to conversations with Dinesh the trailer you see is actually cut from Dave Wilson and himself. The studio cut a trailer that was so bad that Wilson and Dinesh sat and cut there own to give them an example of what it should be like. Something that filmmakers don't do at all. They obviously felt so strong by the Sony cut trailer to do there own.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

betterthanezra wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:28:13 am
Oxmyx wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15:45 am I watched the trailer afterwards and was like "Holy *SQUEE*, this trailer really DOES give away the whole thing!"

According to conversations with Dinesh the trailer you see is actually cut from Dave Wilson and himself. The studio cut a trailer that was so bad that Wilson and Dinesh sat and cut there own to give them an example of what it should be like. Something that filmmakers don't do at all. They obviously felt so strong by the Sony cut trailer to do there own.

-Brian
That was good information. I'm mystified why those two would WANT a trailer that gave everything away, but I have to admit otherwise it was a slick trailer

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Oxmyx wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:08:09 pm
Oxmyx wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15:45 am I watched the trailer afterwards and was like "Holy *SQUEE*, this trailer really DOES give away the whole thing!"

-Brian
That was good information. I'm mystified why those two would WANT a trailer that gave everything away, but I have to admit otherwise it was a slick trailer
Makes you wonder what could be even worse than spoiling almost the entire movie and there is no denying the trailers spoiled almost everything.

I had read the first 70 pages of the novelization before watching the movie and that equals the first 20 minutes.

The trailers spoiled much more incl. visuals from the final confrontation and that's like 90th minute.
Last edited by Sunlight on Snow on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:35:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:17:28 am
The studio cut a trailer that was so bad that Wilson and Dinesh sat and cut there own
. I'm mystified why those two would WANT a trailer that gave everything away, but I have to admit otherwise it was a slick trailer
Makes you wonder what could be even worse than spoiling almost the entire movie
I know, right? Greg said something about layers but for the life of me I can't see them unless he's talking about connecting the dots on the "created to fight Harbingers" thing that was completely removed and only still there if you will yourself to see it. Which is very sad but is what it we are left with.

Sunlight on Snow

Oxmyx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:58:54 pm
The studio cut a trailer that was so bad that Wilson and Dinesh sat and cut there own
. I'm mystified why those two would WANT a trailer that gave everything away, but I have to admit otherwise it was a slick trailer
I know, right? Greg said something about layers but for the life of me I can't see them unless he's talking about connecting the dots on the "created to fight Harbingers" thing that was completely removed and only still there if you will yourself to see it. Which is very sad but is what it we are left with.
Hehe. I don't agree with Greg about how many minutes the trailers might have spoiled. Maybe he wasn't even talking about all of them but just the first teaser trailer. Who knows? The thing is, this is a Bloodshot movie. How sure can you be about what was true or just another false memory? Then it would make sense to spoil everything because everything ain't true!

Like Gina?!? Does she even exist? (She doesn't in VH-2!)

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:44:59 pm
Oxmyx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:58:54 pm
Hehe. I don't agree with Greg about how many minutes the trailers might have spoiled. Maybe he wasn't even talking about all of them but just the first teaser trailer. Who knows? The thing is, this is a Bloodshot movie. How sure can you be about what was true or just another false memory? Then it would make sense to spoil everything because everything ain't true!

Like Gina?!? Does she even exist? (She doesn't in VH-2!)
That'd be great, and I want it to be true, but it's all willful speculation that wasn't even hinted at in the movie. It could have been and wasn't. Not that I can think of. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I disagree. It made no sense to spoil the ENTIRE movie whether it was ultimately true or not. I say ultimately because for the moment Bloodshot rode off into the sunset victorious. I really really hope the next movie reveals that ending a false one, but I don't give Hollywood too much credit to do smart things

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

You know, everything that occurred in this movie did not actually occur. It was yet another simulation/program.

So, no matter what was good or bad about the movie we saw, Bloodshot 2 can easily have an entirely different look/feel/style with different (or the same even) characters because it was all a dream.

This allows ANYTHING to occur moving forward, is a cool concept for those fans who loved the movie, and a way ahead for those fans who did not. :thumb:

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

DirtbagSailor wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:43:49 pm You know, everything that occurred in this movie did not actually occur. It was yet another simulation/program.

So, no matter what was good or bad about the movie we saw, Bloodshot 2 can easily have an entirely different look/feel/style with different (or the same even) characters because it was all a dream.

This allows ANYTHING to occur moving forward, is a cool concept for those fans who loved the movie, and a way ahead for those fans who did not. :thumb:
So movie Bloodshot was only DREAMING he was Vin Diesel....

Sunlight on Snow

Oxmyx wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:44:19 am
DirtbagSailor wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:43:49 pm You know, everything that occurred in this movie did not actually occur. It was yet another simulation/program.

So movie Bloodshot was only DREAMING he was Vin Diesel....
No, he was only made to believe he looked like Vin Diesel.

We all know he's supposed to have a proper haircut.