Switch to full style
Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.
Be courteous towards others who may not want too much information before they can read it for themselves.
The Published Issue Discussions sub-forum exists for books to be discussed in detail after publication.
Post a reply

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:13:06 pm

That itch should be scratched this Sunday!

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:15:20 pm

Dr. Solar wrote:That itch should be scratched this Sunday!


I was really hoping you'd say that. :D

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:58:03 pm

tchalla8 wrote:I'm itching for a new podcast with the OTV guys' thouhts on Harbinger #1 and X-O #2.


Taping this Sunday. We've had a few scheduling issues..... things like Father's Day and such.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:12:40 pm

Newton wrote:I love this podcast! I didn't discover it (or these boards) until a month ago, but listened to all 70ish podcasts in less than a month. Some days I was listening to 5 podcasts in a day :o

If any of the hosts read this - thank you!

I'm having a blast re-reading all of my Valiants and also completing my VH1 collection this summer (I'm getting close). The catalyst that brought me back into Valiant was a combination of the new books + re-organizing my comics recently and thinking 'Damn I love Valiant' as I did so.



Newton,

I know i'm a bit behind on my response, but MANY thanks to you as well for enjoying the show; it has been an absolute pleasure for me, and to know that folks such as you appreciate our efforts!!!!

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:27:09 am

Episode 75 is here!

We discuss Harbinger #1 and X-O Manowar #2. No theory is left untouched! No controversial topic is left undiscussed!

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/75/

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32:02 am

WOW! Fast on the edit your are.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:42:05 am

Gotta stay on schedule!

I'm really proud of my little theory in this one ;)

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:29:14 pm

Just listened. Great episode guys!

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:08:57 pm

Listening now! :popcorn:

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16:28 pm

iwantvaliantcomics wrote:Just listened. Great episode guys!

Thank you!

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:23:48 pm

iwantvaliantcomics wrote:Just listened. Great episode guys!


It was good to record again after missing the Dysart interview.

I'm really looking forward to recording at SDCC this year.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:01:13 pm

Elveen wrote:
iwantvaliantcomics wrote:Just listened. Great episode guys!


It was good to record again after missing the Dysart interview.

I'm really looking forward to recording at SDCC this year.


me too. :thumb:

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:23:57 am

Elveen wrote:
iwantvaliantcomics wrote:Just listened. Great episode guys!

It was good to record again after missing the Dysart interview.

I'm really looking forward to recording at SDCC this year.

Don't get too antsy! We still have another episode to record before SDCC!

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24:31 am

Blood of Heroes wrote:me too. :thumb:

I look forward to your stunker report!

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:41:27 am

I'm listening to the latest episode now and I'm loving it! I'm to the part about the "G-D" (my initials! :lol: ) comment and I have to ask this... so, taking the Lord's name in vein is bad, but he didn't mention the "rape"? I consider myself Christian, but I'm very loose on what offends me. Personally, the Kris stuff and drug use (plus robbery) would bother me far more than the use of some profanity. I like that it's part of the discussion, though.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:48:26 am

etos45 wrote:I'm listening to the latest episode now and I'm loving it! I'm to the part about the "G-D" (my initials! :lol: ) comment and I have to ask this... so, taking the Lord's name in vein is bad, but he didn't mention the "rape"? I consider myself Christian, but I'm very loose on what offends me. Personally, the Kris stuff and drug use (plus robbery) would bother me far more than the use of some profanity. I like that it's part of the discussion, though.

I'm with you on this.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:02:43 pm

Just started listening to this podcast and thought the thread deserves a bump. I'm alternating between newest and oldest episodes which creates an interesting experience. Especially the early "buying valiants" episode. Good stuff. Kudos to members who produce this.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:45:01 pm

possumgrease wrote:Just started listening to this podcast and thought the thread deserves a bump. I'm alternating between newest and oldest episodes which creates an interesting experience. Especially the early "buying valiants" episode. Good stuff. Kudos to members who produce this.



Before I became a regular co-host, I listened to the early shows like 5-10 each. I would always listen during my yard work. I enjoyed the early episodes because it seemed like I was just talking to my friends.

I hope some of that still exists after J and I joined.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51:24 am

Elveen wrote:
possumgrease wrote:Just started listening to this podcast and thought the thread deserves a bump. I'm alternating between newest and oldest episodes which creates an interesting experience. Especially the early "buying valiants" episode. Good stuff. Kudos to members who produce this.



Before I became a regular co-host, I listened to the early shows like 5-10 each. I would always listen during my yard work. I enjoyed the early episodes because it seemed like I was just talking to my friends.

I hope some of that still exists after J and I joined.


Oh, it absolutely does, Elveen. Just a slightly bigger group of friends now. These last several episodes have been especially good.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:51:38 am

Thanks folks!

FYI - there won't be an episode this weekend, as is scheduled. We're all busy with SDCC coming up, but we'll have stuff up next week for comic-con.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:29:29 am

Dr. Solar wrote:Thanks folks!

FYI - there won't be an episode this weekend, as is scheduled. We're all busy with SDCC coming up, but we'll have stuff up next week for comic-con.



Recording during the show are always some of my favorite episodes.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:18:03 pm

It's nice to read that folks are enjoying our discussions. Like Elveen, I was a long-time listener and when he and I joined, I wanted to keep that same "buddies" vibe of the earlier shows. What at first I thought was going to be a challenge personally has now become something that I am proud of; that we all have very different comic book interests and habits as it pertains to Valiant and related. I like that i'm the "Image Guy" back in the day now discovering these books and giving that different point of view on stuff.

I am very much looking forward to meeting the rest of the hosts, and also hope to meet other Valiant Fans and show fans. This is going to be an exciting trip for sure!!!

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34:26 am

Part I of our Comic-Con Chronicles is up and available for download:

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/san- ... i-be-nice/

We wrap up Preview night and Thursday of Comic-Con.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01:03 am

Awesome!!!

Looking forward to new episodes always!

Amazes me how you do this on site / on location.

You must pack some gear.

Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:07:48 am

I must not sleep ;)
Post a reply