What else do you collect?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
What else do you collect?

Post by DawgPhan »

I was just browsing the ole bay for some UGA stuff and I was thinking I wonder whatever one else collects. So I thought that I would ask. What do you guys collect? I have just started to ceollect old UGA football programs. I also collect UGA players autographs, concerts on cd, and action figures. Of the concerts I mainly collect phish, panic, moe, and the dead maybe a few side projects or some random bands....that is about it right now even though action-figures is a huge group that is about as indepth as I will go...My girl thinks that I collect at more than that though...I guess I am a bit of a packra....errr...COLLECTOR! :D

jusdb
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by jusdb »

3 3/4 inch gi joes...that is actually the focus of my collection. valiant is the side collectible for me...

check out my website if you get bored:

http://www.cobraisland.net

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

you dare intimate that life outside of valiant exists???

i used to collect hot wheels-but i found that there were far too many "variants" etc to keep up with...i probably have 300 or so...sitting in a box...at the time i was thinking, "it's just a dollar" now i think dude-that was $300!!!

i collect all sports cards, have some comic cards (of course valiant/deathmate/warriors of plasm cards too)

i have a complete set of the original dream team cups from mcDonalds!! woo-hoo. i pretty much collect anything collectable....post mini-bobbleheads...

i have a nice david robinson collection-cards, figures.

if you ever want me to buy something, just write "limited edition" or give it a serial number...

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

Ohio State: sports cards - mostly in the scarlet and gray uni's, programs, pennants (my pride and joy, have about 140 and 52 unique?), bobbles, and general misc Buckeye memorbilia.

That and Valiant stuff, that is all I collect.

As for hobbies, I dabble in web and graphic design, I'm a novice framer (lots'o'stuff to frame thanks to 14nOH! last year), and I'm sort of a house-fixer-upper. Just ripped out about 500 sqft of carpetting and installed some glue-down 9/16ths engineered hardwood.

dave
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

ohio state??? agh! go blue!!!! :lol:

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Jaknife »

jusdb, were these the 80s figures from the comic books? or the new ones from image? i acually have a bunch of the old figures, not the boxes though, and most are missing limbs. i played with those suckers alot. thank god to. my first comic was gijoe, without that i wouldn't be here. brings tear to my eye. sniff, i owe it all to you roadblock, snake eyes, and gung ho.

johnhickman
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by johnhickman »

I collect and repair mechanical movement wrist watches, pocket watches and clocks.

R Daneel
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

dave wrote:ohio state??? agh! go blue!!!! :lol:
WATCH IT CRAZY DAVE!!!

http://www.buckeyefanatic.com

:twisted:

sakaridis
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by sakaridis »

I collect comics, man...just comics.

I can't help it. I used to collect fantasy art trading cards, action figures, Star Trek paraphernalia, classic first edition books, soda bottles, stamps, cigarette packs and many other things from time to time, but to be honest, I've kinda put everything else aside in the last 3-4 years.

I've focused on comics, period. I want them all. All, dammnit! Everything!

Golden age, silver age, bronze, modern, Marvel, DC, Valiant, Image, Eclipse, Gold Key, Atlas, anything.

I know, it's an addiction. I just can't help it. :wink:

lobo

Post by lobo »

I Kinda collect Lego. Mainly pirate sets, Star Wars, and the early space sets from the 1970s. I'm sure that takes a few of you back!

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

I've been getting into figurines lately. It's cool to collect something comic related that is made out of something besides paper. I just got my Wolverine made by Diamond Select in the mail today.... very cool, the claws are actually made out of metal!

Boda

Peter Parker
No Longer A Registered User

Post by Peter Parker »

Aside from other Comics?....SOULS!!!!! :twisted:

Sir Bryan of New Yorkton!
"Leisure, is the mother of philosophy"

Thomas Hobbes

CLA

Post by CLA »

Star Wars action figures, cards (Batman, baseball, etc.), and the occasional comic-book toy.

You guys buy from comic-book shops? That's stuff's too expensive. The DC Direct figures have good sculpts, but are of poor quality.
Last edited by CLA on Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:09:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...[Wizard Magazine] regularly cheapens and poisons our field."
FRANK MILLER

jusdb

Post by jusdb »

Jaknife wrote:jusdb, were these the 80s figures from the comic books? or the new ones from image? i acually have a bunch of the old figures, not the boxes though, and most are missing limbs. i played with those suckers alot. thank god to. my first comic was gijoe, without that i wouldn't be here. brings tear to my eye. sniff, i owe it all to you roadblock, snake eyes, and gung ho.
yep and yep...i actually collect both vintage and the new joe vs cobra/ spytroops/ valor vs venom figs.

im to the point now where there aren't many vintage 3 3/4 figs i need... :(

btw, if you are thinking of getting rid of those joes...i can prolly find them a home ;) of course (as w/all collectibles) condition is everything.

skot

Post by skot »

im info fish. not gold fish. big cool mean fish like 12" plus. street art type stuff like obey (andre the) giant posters, dalek art. and unborn fetus's mainly bear, moose and yak types.
skot

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

Oh I collect way too much stuff...just ask my wife :)

While I focus on Valiant stuff the most I collect most anything Star Wars, other comics (mostly Marvels from the 80's-present) promo cards, entertainment memorabilia, various action figures, percussion & drums, cereal boxes (what we throw away today...) and pretty much anything I think may be worth a buck or two down the road.
DAN
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

skot

Post by skot »

sonicdan wrote:Oh I collect way too much stuff...just ask my wife :)

While I focus on Valiant stuff the most I collect most anything Star Wars, other comics (mostly Marvels from the 80's-present) promo cards, entertainment memorabilia, various action figures, percussion & drums, cereal boxes (what we throw away today...) and pretty much anything I think may be worth a buck or two down the road.
DAN
man thats me to a tee. my chick calls me a pack rat. i call myself and investor.lol planning for the future.
skot

qrnd

Post by qrnd »

johnhickman wrote:I collect and repair mechanical movement wrist watches, pocket watches and clocks.
Whoa, thats a pretty cool hobby/job. I heard there is a massive shortage in people able to repair certain aged pocketwatches, and that that kind of service is becoming expensive.

I used to collect almost everything related to comic books, cards, figures etc. and random movie items. One of these days I plan on eBaying most of it, that should be fun... And I hold a complete collection of Nintendo Virtual Boy games. No one seems to appreciate that! :)

qrnd

Post by qrnd »

lobo wrote:I Kinda collect Lego. Mainly pirate sets, Star Wars, and the early space sets from the 1970s. I'm sure that takes a few of you back!
Legos rocked! Too bad I traded almost all of mine for a large collection of Marvel Excalibur comics back in the day. Its obvious now who lost out on that trade.

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

Besides collecting women, I collect Star Wars figures (I have just about everyone from the relaunch @1994 ** I may be selling them soon), Simpsons figures, and I a few current titles from Marvel & DC. I also collect anything I can find from Paul Pope.

Oh, and I have been known to buy Valiant comics and Artwork from time to time.

johnhickman

Post by johnhickman »

uruchuu wrote:
johnhickman wrote:I collect and repair mechanical movement wrist watches, pocket watches and clocks.
Whoa, thats a pretty cool hobby/job. I heard there is a massive shortage in people able to repair certain aged pocketwatches, and that that kind of service is becoming expensive.

I used to collect almost everything related to comic books, cards, figures etc. and random movie items. One of these days I plan on eBaying most of it, that should be fun... And I hold a complete collection of Nintendo Virtual Boy games. No one seems to appreciate that! :)
The Horological Hobby is definately suffering. Plenty of people collect, but a good repair man is hard to find and definately expensive. Parts are the biggest issues. Most of the pocket watches I fix are 100+ years old. No one's made parts for these for a long time, so a lot of the expense is in locating and getting the parts.

ex-collector

Post by ex-collector »

I own a lots of golf equipment, and keep buying more. Looking at the cost, I should have stuck with comics. :mrgreen:

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

I collect old architecture books and vintage bamboo fly rods and I make bamboo fly rods in my spare time.

But my valiant comic collecting is year round, bamboo rod building I only do in the winter.

architect
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

DawgPhan

Post by DawgPhan »

R Daneel wrote:Ohio State: sports cards - mostly in the scarlet and gray uni's, programs, pennants (my pride and joy, have about 140 and 52 unique?), bobbles, and general misc Buckeye memorbilia.

That and Valiant stuff, that is all I collect.

As for hobbies, I dabble in web and graphic design, I'm a novice framer (lots'o'stuff to frame thanks to 14nOH! last year), and I'm sort of a house-fixer-upper. Just ripped out about 500 sqft of carpetting and installed some glue-down 9/16ths engineered hardwood.
OHIO STATE? man that hurts....anyway I am about to hijack my own thread here but....how do you feel about clarrett? I know how I feel about that sorry piece of $hit, but how do you feel being a OSU fan. I am hoping that someone does draft and sign him to a small contract and the first day of camp some some grown man takes offense to this young punk trying to play his game and seriously injures him....I do not think that he knows what he is doing and that stupid judge has no idea what she was talking about and was just going by the letter of the law which I still think that she misinterrepted....oh yeah I will be collecting clarrett fails stuff in about a year.

Shakespeare
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Shakespeare »

I'm doing my best to stop collecting stuff...used to be that I'd collect anything, but I've shed much of my packrat nature realizing that, if I sell it on e-bay and get it out of my house, well-placed funds in bank investments from the sale can outperform almost all collectible hobbies. I've just got too much crap in my house. Those include...

Movie posters and Star Wars crap
Comic books (mostly Marvel modern)

I keep the exotic bottles from salsa I've eaten and use them as decorations in my kitchen. Now that I'm mostly done with Valiant, I only have one side hobby that I'm sure sonicdan can appreciate...AOL discs. Laugh if you want. I allow myself this silly hobby because...
1) It's entirely free
2) These are the only phycial artifacts from the beginning of the modern internet, which has completely altered society.
3) What people throw away today is collectible tomorrow, and boy are those things thrown away
4) It only takes up one paperbox in my house, as opposed to comics which take up more than a dozen long boxes
5) some are actually quite attractive, or have tie-ins (LOTR, for example)
6) I've spent less than an hour of my life sorting and collecting them

S