Wizard World East report

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Rai-fan
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Wizard World East report

Post by Rai-fan »

I managed to get to the big Philly con for 3 hours on Saturday. Not enough time to case the whole place, but was happy with what I found.

I picked up Solar 1, 2 (x 2), 4, 5 (x 2)

Magnus 3, 4 (x 6), 5 (x 3), 6

X-0 3; Chaos Gold (x 2)

All were $4 per.

Then, for $.50 a piece, I got Magnus 9, 11 (x 3), 13, 14 (x 5); Shadowman 2, 3; Acclaim MOTA, Blooshot Yearbook.

Only one dealer I saw had a separate "Valiant" section, but the prices were reasonable, not cheap. ex. Harbinger 1 ($15), 4 ($7), Rai 1 ($10), Magnus 12 ($12), Acclaim Turok 3 ($5.50). Also present were about 20 Deathmate golds at $4 per.

Didn't see _any_ major keys like Solar 10, Rai 3-4, Harbinger O, Magnus 0, CEAR, P v. M or Unity trades, etc. Nor did I see any really late run books, other than Solar 48-54 in the $1 bins.

Finally, of course, most dealers simply laughed at me for asking about Valiant.

deathmedal
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by deathmedal »

wow, you know i have never even been to to one covention.
and it sounds like you guys find some really cool things. :(

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: Wizard World East report

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Rai-fan wrote:Magnus 12 ($12).
Argh.

I would have paid that for it :(
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

RyanMcLelland
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: Since Super Mario SE #1
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by RyanMcLelland »

More Wizard World East Stuff:
Magnus #1: 99 cents
Magnus #1 (Another Dealer): 4 copies, 3 bucks a piece
Solar #2: 50 cents
Magnus #2: 2 bucks

and lots of the late, late Valiant stuff for a buck, including all the Eternal Warrior specials I was missing.

It was all quite amazing....I did my Valiant shopping on Sunday since I was actually 'working' the first two days...and alot of stuff had already been sold. Was glad to find the Valiants that I did...though some dealers were selling final issues anywhere from 20-35 bucks. One dealer had three Bloodshot Last Stands priced at 35, though they were 50% off. Lots of Valiants trades were abound...including lots of cheap Magnus TPBs (No Predator ones however...). People were talking happily about Valiants and SOME dealers seem to realize that alot of the later Valiants are harder to find. One dealer, who I see all the time at the Packer Ave. con, says he is snatching up all later Valiants for himself and NOT selling them. He says he knows the later ones will be worth something in a few years and will sell them later at top dollar...good for him I guess.

Mr.V

Post by Mr.V »

Wow, later issues and B. Last Stands selling for $20-35 each? Were they actually MOVING at those prices? If thats the case, it's time for me to unload the HOARD! :D

DawgPhan
My posts are simmered in four flavors
My posts are simmered in four flavors

Post by DawgPhan »

Did anyone see the Sims file copies?

Just wondering...I have never read any cerebus(I have 4 issues in my office right now) this whole file copy thing that he is doing has really got my attention...well just looking for someone to mention that...thanks..

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Anyone mind putting convention reports in the convention reports thread in Everything Else....?

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re:

Post by possumgrease »

DawgPhan wrote:Did anyone see the Sims file copies?

Just wondering...I have never read any cerebus(I have 4 issues in my office right now) this whole file copy thing that he is doing has really got my attention...well just looking for someone to mention that...thanks..
What are the Sims file copies?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

possumgrease wrote:

My guess is that a 15 year old topic won't have quick replies from the original guys, so here's an alternative: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/324/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

greg wrote:
possumgrease wrote:

My guess is that a 15 year old topic won't have quick replies from the original guys, so here's an alternative: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/324/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:

Rai-fan maybe...

mota and zwh...not so much

:lol:

this was a serious lazarus...possum must have been in the way back machine for it.
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?