Who would win in a fight?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Who would win in a fight?

Bloodshot
23%
Rai
9%
Magnus
14%
Gilad
18%
Armstrong
12%
Archer
No votes
Shadowman
2%
Shadowman
2%
Aric
19%
Torque
No votes
Rock
2%

Total votes: 57

terreth
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by terreth »

Magnus beat a neo-nazi in a Manowar class aromour (though it was a little whacked our from a mind lock attempt) and in Unity 2000 he did as well.

I'd like to see Gilad do that.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

terreth wrote:Magnus beat a neo-nazi in a Manowar class aromour (though it was a little whacked our from a mind lock attempt) and in Unity 2000 he did as well.

I'd like to see Gilad do that.
Me too! I bet it would be a helluva scene, Gil getting the better of an X-O suit!

:twisted:

-slym (knows there is more to fighting than just punching)
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

You naysayers can say what you will, my man is still in the lead!

America, F*ck Yeah!

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

Bloodshot is a better hand-to-hand combatant than even Ninjak, as demonstrated in the now-classic (to me) "Rampage" crossover.

The onlytime Gil got the drop on 'shot was the albino one was at a pre-Rampage power level. Bloodshot, on the other hand, took out Gil both as non-powered Angelo Mortalli AND at his "weaker" power level.

How long did it take Aram to grow a new pair of legs? Yet Bloodshot was able to regenerate a new one WHILE fighting Proteus in a matter of hours.

Even if slym were correct in his assessment that Jack Boniface is much of a fighter, Bloodshot has survived higher falls AND can fight just as effectively during the day as at night.

While Bloodshot is not without his own questionable fashion sense, at least he's never worn a mini skirt and go-go boots. He'd take out MRF while the Torkelson boy was fighuring out how to cross his legs without revealing his panties.

Bloodshot was the most effective Valiant hero when they mounted a mass attack on the Visitor, walloping the V-Man for many yards.

Aric's armor would be shut down and then the long-haired hippie freak doesn't even survive one punch.

Rai? Which one? Grandma Rai would be tough, but since the R-Man is not allowed to manufacture weapons and since Go-Go Boots was more than capable of going head-to-head, I'll give it to Bloodshot. Nanites Rai? Puh-lease. The Originator would just tell the nanites, "You were my b!tches LONG before you were his. Now STFU, never mind this 'mindlock' silliness!"

And THEN he'd go enjoy a snack of clown-stuffed alligator. On a stick.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

BloodOfHeroes wrote:Bloodshot is a better hand-to-hand combatant than even Ninjak, as demonstrated in the now-classic (to me) "Rampage" crossover.

The onlytime Gil got the drop on 'shot was the albino one was at a pre-Rampage power level. Bloodshot, on the other hand, took out Gil both as non-powered Angelo Mortalli AND at his "weaker" power level.

How long did it take Aram to grow a new pair of legs? Yet Bloodshot was able to regenerate a new one WHILE fighting Proteus in a matter of hours.

Even if slym were correct in his assessment that Jack Boniface is much of a fighter, Bloodshot has survived higher falls AND can fight just as effectively during the day as at night.

While Bloodshot is not without his own questionable fashion sense, at least he's never worn a mini skirt and go-go boots. He'd take out MRF while the Torkelson boy was fighuring out how to cross his legs without revealing his panties.

Bloodshot was the most effective Valiant hero when they mounted a mass attack on the Visitor, walloping the V-Man for many yards.

Aric's armor would be shut down and then the long-haired hippie freak doesn't even survive one punch.

Rai? Which one? Grandma Rai would be tough, but since the R-Man is not allowed to manufacture weapons and since Go-Go Boots was more than capable of going head-to-head, I'll give it to Bloodshot. Nanites Rai? Puh-lease. The Originator would just tell the nanites, "You were my b!tches LONG before you were his. Now STFU, never mind this 'mindlock' silliness!"

And THEN he'd go enjoy a snack of clown-stuffed alligator. On a stick.

That is one entertaining funny post. And yes I DO mean like a clown.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Blood of Heroes

Post by Blood of Heroes »

BloodOfHeroes wrote: He'd take out MRF while the Torkelson boy was figuring out how to cross his legs without revealing his panties.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Slice it anyway you want, Bloodshot was still taken out by that punk Ax......'Nuff Said!

BloodOfHeroes
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

Well, sure. With a weapon. But hand-to-hand? Wookie, please!

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

Elveen wrote:
Magnus wears a tunic

Winner: Armstrong
bwah hah hah, you made me laugh several times there buddy.

i misvoted, because i din't realize that aric wouldn't have his supah suit.

i'll go with aram, you dun convinced me!

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

everyone seems to think the EW but voted for bloodshot ???

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

superman-prime wrote:everyone seems to think the EW but voted for bloodshot ???
People are using their alt. board IDs. IF I had one... wait.....

:twisted: :lol: :P

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

dave wrote:
Elveen wrote:
Magnus wears a tunic

bwah hah hah, you made me laugh several times there buddy.

i misvoted, because i din't realize that aric wouldn't have his supah suit.

i'll go with aram, you dun convinced me!

Thanks bro.

:D

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Rufusharley wrote: i hear Bloodshot enjoys a mean chalupa now and again.
Hmm....I heard Ax served him a chalupa just before he killed him.....

You must have forgot about that time Bloodshot cut his Ax's arm off while wearing Commando Class armor.
Bah, Commando Class is just another name for Reynolds Wrap......
http://sadtrombone.com/
Hahaha....I'm not clicking on that....
You are thinking of the Rusty Trombone.

Elveen
Re: Who would win in a fight?

Post by Elveen »

I'm taking it back ......

Old School.

This is a must read for the new-jacks.

So many Golden Age posters in this thread.

Start at the beginning.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

the brothers would gang up kill the rest and then drink it out although ivar would bail like a pansy *SQUEE* so the remainder drink a thon armstrong won by a glass of roman wine case closed till unity 4

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Funny that this thread was started before the VEI relaunch. I voted for Gilad but after reading the thread I'm convinced Aram would win. He held his own pretty well in MISSION: IMPROBABLE. Aram and Bloodshot are also seen in the Book of Death's future teaming up as a couple pirates. I think I want to read the Aram/Bloodshot pirate story more than any other! We got the Ninjak/Gilad teamup, we need the Aram/Bloodshot pirate story!

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

i think it would def be the brothers 3 and maybee archer vs the rest and then they would just beer it out family comes first i can beat on my bros but you others *SQUEE* cant would be armstrongs thoughts

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!
Re:

Post by geocarr »

After reading the entire thread, I had to vote Aram. I think Elveen made quite the compelling argument......................... 11 years ago. :wink:
I would love to see the fight between Aram and Bloodshot. I imagine it would last a while with Bloodshot healing and trying again and Aram putting him down again and again.
Elveen wrote:Ok, I have been thinking about this waaaaaaay too much.
Lets look at every possibility.

1) Armstrong vs. Rai or Archer, the small space of a free for all cage match would limit the space Rai and Archer would have for their martial arts, once Aram got his hands on them, it would be over.

2) Aram vs. Gilly, no contest. When Gilly took out Aram in issue #3 (I think) it was a set up to get Gilly in a good mood, get some aggression out, Aram let him win. But Aram took him out with one shot in A&A #8, Aram dropped him cold.

3) Aram vs. shadowman, once again no contest, Jack had a hard time with sosa and some of the other goons in the shadow books. Aram is in another league than Jack (but Jack is still one of my fav. characters)

4) Aram vs. rock or torque, uh how about an analogy, Aram is Hulk Hogan and rock and torque are hillbilly jim, 'nuff said.

5) Aram vs. Aric, no XO no win-o (but a wine-o :D)

Ok, here are the only true challengers

6) Aram vs. Bloodshot. Ok this will be tough, Bloodshot is faster, possibly a quicker healer, the whole nanites (98% of lung capaciticy "thing") a natural killer, but... (going by the comics)

Bloodshot almost always fights with a gun or a sword so taking away weapons really hurts him, Aram will not be hindered by these restrictions.

But here is the kicker,

One good shot to the back of Bloodshot's head and he is in a coma (he got shot in the back of the head in Russia, coma time) while Archer shot aram in the head with a construction-spike gun thing, Aram's reaction

"Big ouchie" (no coma)

Winner Aram

7) Aram vs. magnus, this is the epic battle.
At first you might think, magnus can destroy robots with his bare hands, how could aram take a hit, well try this on for size...

you know how when a tornado hits and all the old trees are destroyed but the young, more flexable ones, just bend, aram can just "bend" and not break. I had afriend in college, he was blackbelt guy, he would break boards for us, but he could never break a phone book.

Magnus was trained to fight robots, not humans, robots (I imagine) fight in a very predictable way, based on logic and computations, humans are more unpredictable. Aram might let you punch him in the face so you would get off balance, then he would counter-strike and boom goes the Dynamite (sucks!)! (did I just type that?)

Also, I wonder if magnus could deliver the ending blow, magnus is so concerned with all life, aram has seen many, many deaths, I think that he would not be concerned with delievering the ending blow.

Magnus wears a tunic

once aram found out what a goodie goodie magnus is, he would just get that much more upset at him

Pain tolerence easly goes to aram, burned flesh, tortured beyond compare.

Last thing, experience baby. Magnus aint got nothing that aram has not seen.

***Support your local farmers!***

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

i like this magnus wears a tunic so :funnypost: