Counterfeit Valiant book UPDATE , FYI

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
Re: Counterfeit Valiant book Red Alert 911

Post by Blood of Heroes »

valiantdude wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11:47 pm At this point, the host of the podcast has found out that dinesh is claiming lies and hes not happy either.. and hes willing to release the outtake recording of jim confirming this if that counts as evidence..

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

caxiotis wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:35:05 pm I feel like I jumped into a thread from 10 years ago based on the drama factor :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I know, right? Almost makes me want to unblock MotA on twitter.

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

I get it, it's a big disruption. Everyone's going to process it differently. It's not really about how so much even as 50 - 100 years from now.. the biggest thing is we know directly from jim shooter..
If you have a fake van Gogh, and you find out later, doesnt make it a real van gogh...just saying..
I already know this is real, I mean you heard jim on the podcast.... there was a sting operation.. legal papers.. he said it on air....hello? I just got more info..

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

valiantdude wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:34:21 pm If you have a fake van Gogh, and you find out later, doesnt make it a real van gogh...just saying..
Hey, it worked for Vermeers.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

So I’m trying to consider this as possible..

Seems that Magnus during pre-unity couldn’t be counterfeited unless they didn’t contain the cards and mail in coupon. Even 30 years ago they were considered pretty much worthless with them cut or missing so I would assume that this title of any wouldn’t have been included.

It’s the same with Harbinger and its coupon insert unless and I know this is a stretch, those could be the blank coupons that are very very difficult to find.

Solar has the Alpha and Omega insert I mean you can’t just not have that in there so that eliminates that title as well.

Let’s be honest those three title runs take up a very large chunk of the pre-unity books before EW #1 like we have been “told” were books counterfeited before that sting.
I’m very tempted to text Fred myself but feel like if I did he wouldn’t want me to ever contact him again.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

It wouldn't have been worth it if it wasn't the money books, there must've been something about the valiant books that made them easier to duplicate.. the cards must be in there too. We will get to the bottom of this..
The thing is....no one knew until now.. so no one thought to look, could be right in front of our faces

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

These sound collectible.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

valiantdude wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:34:21 pm the biggest thing is we know directly from jim shooter..
.....who's considered the godfather for being really good at envisioning great stories...... :lol:

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

depluto wrote:These sound collectible.
This is what I keep thinking. Wouldn't counterfeit Valiant comics - undetected for 30+ years end up more valuable than the real thing? (and probably more rare to boot!)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

valiantdude wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:34:21 pm I get it, it's a big disruption. Everyone's going to process it differently. It's not really about how so much even as 50 - 100 years from now.. the biggest thing is we know directly from jim shooter..
If you have a fake van Gogh, and you find out later, doesnt make it a real van gogh...just saying..
I already know this is real, I mean you heard jim on the podcast.... there was a sting operation.. legal papers.. he said it on air....hello? I just got more info..
Just spoke to Fred who told me there were indeed counterfeit valiant books. Sorry man. I didn’t know. He gave a lot of details that make this sound really plausible and not at all like a conspiracy. Anyway he said it was actually Jim that was counterfeiting them — that’s why the scripts for the comics were always so late. Jim was spending his nights perfecting the process. Wow, they were famously late so this ties into something we already know. Must be true. Fred says there was a sting and they caught Jim red handed but they could never convict because as soon as they ripped the fake mustache off and found out it was Jim the counterfeit comics became actual official comics since Jim was an official employee. There’s also a way to tell which ones are fake. The counterfeit ones have extra panels that have cameos for characters that wouldn’t appear until years later like Divinity, Punk Mambo, Roku, Sunlight on Snow and the Armor Hunters. Can’t believe those guys and his mom in 2012 just ripped Jim off. Also the counterfeits are entirely made up of trading cards and come in a collectible tin. Crazy!
Fred also says to say hi to Petrilak.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Dinesh literally you are a sniveling turd and this is not funny at all.....how dare you, you are a hack... you can't handle what came out about treating jim like *SQUEE*.. cuz your the birthday cake boy.. now you think this is funny..haha! You're a turd, take your china blood money and shove it up your *SQUEE*.. your comics (mostly) sucked, yout bad idea comics are a scam.. you didnt talk to fred at all, but nice parody post
Last edited by valiantdude on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:59:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

KXXX
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California

Post by KXXX »

Holy *SQUEE*, this is worse than that one episode of VCR I did by myself.

-Softy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:48:22 am Dinesh your the birthday cake boy
I mean he did have a birthday cake with Valiant on it when he was very young. Now he didn’t make this cake so you can’t blame him for that. But this is the first accurate thing you said in this post
your comics sucked
This is a flat out lie. You obviously never read anything in 2012 or beyond that to 2018. So lies like this are just unfounded and laughable from you until you at least spend a few dollars and find out for yourself.

yout bad idea comics are a scam
Another flat out lie. It doesn’t surprise me you think this since you wouldn’t read the VEI from 2012 or newer so your comment on this is just showing how clueless you are on any comics or the industry at all since 1997
you didnt talk to fred at all, but nice parody post
It was a parody post and you made it personal, again a fabrication of words on your part.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

You're right, and wrong, I did buy the books up until 2013 and they were ok at best, then I found out what happened with jim
Dinesh made it personal when he chimed in to call jim a liar.. should've stayed out of it, if he didnt have anything worthwhile to contribute..

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

I was actually going to delete that post, i went back here to do that, but I was quoted every sentence in the next post, so I guess too late for that. Haha!

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:38:35 am they were ok at best,
Then you were reading the counterfeit comics

Those books the first year or two were amazing reads.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Brian- sorry I offended you, i really actually like your posts..
I'm def lashing out, because this has gotten beyond absurd..
Im literally uncovering a very big deal..these books are traded all over the world, and I got dinesh, calling jim a liar.. we wouldn't be in this space without jim shooter....fact...period.. it came out of his head..
Dinesh had made many poor choices including mistreating jim shooter.. jim shooter..
Then he has the audacity to call Jim a liar on this huge issue, with a quote that actually confused greg and probably others and didnt pertain to the subject at hand. Then he chimes in with this dumb, very dumb, parody post..
Its frustrating

Also you're right dysart did a really good job on harbinger, I'm just *SQUEE* at dinesh and I shouldn't offend other people

michalward
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by michalward »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:56:06 am Im literally uncovering a very big deal..

:lol:

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

It's a big deal in the world of comics and collectibles..which is a fairly big world from a monetary sense.. also, people are going to care alot more in the coming decades.

Brian- one thing i wanted to add... not only did I buy the books, i got over 70 people to add vei books to their sub box at 3 stores in my area, one of them got that first black shadowman retailer book because of it..

I wasn't just a buyer i was THE vei promo guy in my area..felt like it was my duty.. but I am also a jim acolyte, when I found about what happened with jim at vei, I was so bummed... the books were declining anyway, so I stopped buying everything.. then i found out even more than what was on Jim's blog, more than was on that podcast even.

Just wanted to throw that in there

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Hello friends!

It has been a while since I have browsed this forum. Anything exciting happen recently?

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Dr. Solar wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44:26 am It has been a while since I have browsed this forum. Anything exciting happen recently?
Nuh, just the usual *SQUEE*

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:56:06 am Brian- sorry I offended you, i really actually like your posts..
I'm def lashing out, because this has gotten beyond absurd..
Im literally uncovering a very big deal..these books are traded all over the world, and I got dinesh, calling jim a liar.. we wouldn't be in this space without jim shooter....fact...period.. it came out of his head..
Dinesh had made many poor choices including mistreating jim shooter.. jim shooter..
Then he has the audacity to call Jim a liar on this huge issue, with a quote that actually confused greg and probably others and didnt pertain to the subject at hand. Then he chimes in with this dumb, very dumb, parody post..
Its frustrating

Also you're right dysart did a really good job on harbinger, I'm just *SQUEE* at dinesh and I shouldn't offend other people
If you are mad at Dinesh, prove him wrong. Find the midwestern legal documents or better yet tell us how the counterfeit comics are different. That would be like pouring the bucket of water on the wicked witch. I think there are more among us who want you to be right than wrong, we are just waiting for you to bring in the funk. Until then, it’s a he said/she said situation.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Dr. Solar wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44:26 am Hello friends!

It has been a while since I have browsed this forum. Anything exciting happen recently?
Yes and no. Not really much going on until earlier this week. Editorial shake ups and rumors of counterfeits. It is like that one day with the dress and the llamas.

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:36:57 pm
Dr. Solar wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44:26 am Hello friends!

Yes and no. Not really much going on until earlier this week. Editorial shake ups and rumors of counterfeits. It is like that one day with the dress and the llamas.
Are these alleged counterfeits blue and black or gold and white?
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!