VALIANT DECEMBER 2019 COMIC BOOK SALES!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
VALIANT DECEMBER 2019 COMIC BOOK SALES!

Post by agent_graves »

236 Visitor 1* $3.99 Valiant 7,550 (*-10%) Even with the 10% added back, it’s still less than 10K for a #1... :?

271 Bloodshot 4 $3.99 Valiant 6,194

279 Rai 2 $3.99 Valiant 5,823... Less than Bloodshot #4, a #2 :?

311 Roku 3 $3.99 Valiant 4,020

314 Doctor Mirage 5 $3.99 Valiant 3,941

325 Psi-Lords 7 $3.99 Valiant 3,657

How are sales up, how sway?! facepalm
#StayValiant

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: VALIANT DECEMBER 2019 COMIC BOOK SALES!

Post by nycjadie »

Visitor 1 - 7,550 - Very low for a first issue, but it's also a 3rd tier character.

Bloodshot 4 - 6,194 - I'm guessing there are 4000 regular Bloodshot readers, and that's with the oomph from the movie news.

Rai 2 - 5,823 - Sounds like this is going to be the new normal.

Roku 3 - 4,020 - The female hero titles (Mirage as well) always have numbers along these lines, with the exception of Faith, but the higher the issue, the lower the print on those as well.

Doctor Mirage 5 - 3,941

Psi-Lords 7 - 3,657 - Not sure how many of each cover are being printed, but it's got a be low with 3 variant covers. I'm sure it's not an equal split, but I'm guessing that a couple of those covers are more rare than some of the incentive variants on the early titles.

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

Holy batman these numbers are terrible. I'm not going to touch if Valiant is lying about numbers beig up 10% or not because either way there is no way Valiant are happy with these numbers

Visitor 1 - 7,550 - its more worrying that this was the highest number for valiant this month than its low for a number 1. Are we really at the place now where the best valiant can do in any month is 7500...

Bloodshot 4 - 6,194 - with a movie around the corner this alone should be reason for DMG to fire everyone and rehire the staff

Rai 2 - 5,823 - shockingly low. more evidence that valiant is about completely front loading their comics with fake sales on issue 1s through shop editions etc (and looking at visitor 1 stores have caught on)

Roku 3 - 4,020

Doctor Mirage 5 - 3,941

Psi-Lords 7 - 3,657 - i wish we had gotten the psilords book dinesh was working on...

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

What are the chances that orders for the pre-order editions count for the month in which they're ordered, and not for the month in which they're shipped? If that's the case, then those would pretty much only be reflected in the number for the first issue of a pre-order bundle.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Depressingly bad sales. You can tell from the lack of activity on these boards, especially in the published titles section, that there’s no buzz about Valiant right now. A disastrous 2019 has taken its toll, Meyer doesn’t offer strong leadership and no one is remotely close to hyping books like Dinesh (see Bad Idea).

Surely someone somewhere at Valiant/DMG must have sales targets to hit? If the plan was to ‘take the year off in 2019’ then that was a misstep as now they need to at least get back the readers who have drifted away. Meyers dubious business plan about ‘having a book for everyone’ and ‘it’s ok if not all fans like all of the books’ seems to be reflected in sales as fans vote with their wallets. Hopefully 2020 titles might bring back fans but if they bring back XO, Harbinger etc and they’re as bad as Bloodshot then the writing might be on the wall.

armlessphelan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by armlessphelan »

I just checked out all the sales numbers on Comichron and everyone has sales that look like this. Valiant is pretty much matching Archie comics in units moved. I think the only real indie title that isn't a licenced book selling anywhere near Marvel and DC is Spawn. :/
Manga, comics, who cares? They're pretty much the same thing.